It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:19 pm 

I am not delusional. I see very clearly how you are attempting to prove a point without showing your evidence. It is dishonest. You purposefully ignore arguments and then name call to deflect the fact you can't back up what you say. You make a statement but insist others prove their statements. Dishonest again.

I would be a fool if I were to blindly accept your statements that you can't back up. You yourself admitted your famous German papers say nothing about the Romans building the Trilithon, only that Roman garbage was found in the area. No Roman notes, no Roman statements, no Roman nothing tying the Romans to the Trislithon except they used them. Your statement is similiar to an Egyptian leaving trash in the Grand Canyon and we should now believe the Egyptians built the Grand Canyon. You are peddling utter stupidity and it says a lot about yourself if you actually believe it.

Your name calling seems to be a projection of your own feelings about yourself. Deluded that you can prove an argument with a poorly remembered paper and a fool if you think we will believe your dishonest arguments.

Shame on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:09 pm 

ok.. i'm off to learn german or find a decent translator. after i'm done with the TWO reports that are in german, and clearly the only ones you (lune) deem a real study of baalbek,...THEN i'll be back. (THIS time, caps are used for emPHAsis...not to indicate instability...i'll indicate that by learning german to actualy engage you...something-something individuals)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:22 pm 

ok, murduk-uk...I'LL stop wasting everybody's time. thanks for the link and suggestion.
what're YOU gonna do? you have plans to holiday? seeing anyone special? maybe a trip? walkabout? HEY! why don't you head on over to baalbek and report back to us!?!? you could send us photographs! our "man in the field", so to speak. man... can i plan or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am 

I am not delusional.

Lune: Read on, your writing show a delusional case of mind

I see very clearly how you are attempting to prove a point without showing your evidence.

Lune: I’ve pointed to the evidence and you refuse to find and read it- plus you are taking an impossibly narrow viewpoint, like I’m the only person in the world he believes this. I recommend you go to “Hall of Ma’at” and bring up your point. Those folks have access to the original papers – see what they have to say.

It is dishonest.

Lune: Not at all your trying to make “points” on a non-point

You purposefully ignore arguments and then name call to deflect the fact you can't back up what you say.

Lune: I clearly outlined what you needed to do to continue the discussion, you have declined to do so

You make a statement but insist others prove their statements. Dishonest again.

Lune: Reality is not dishonesty

I would be a fool

Lune: no need to doubt it you are a fool

if I were to blindly accept your statements that you can't back up.

Lune: you have for well over two years had an opportunity to find and read those documents – you have not, why do you refuse to read them?

You yourself admitted your famous German papers say nothing about the Romans building the Trilithon, only that Roman garbage was found in the area.

Lune: You are lying again Arnik, naughty, naughty, I said no such thing, I cannot quote from papers I don’t have. You’re showing your delusional streak again. Why not go read them? Oh that right you rejected them before reading – the true sign of a fool.

No Roman notes, no Roman statements, no Roman nothing tying the Romans to the Trislithon except they used them.

Lune: wrong again – here are some questions for you

What percentage of Roman writings have survived to the present? I think if you look at that you will figure out why there is no written mention of the Roman’s building Baalbek.

Roman construction techniques and material are found inside the buildings - what more do you want?

Explain why the Trils come from a quarry that all other stones from the site come from? (there were two main quarries but the closest was used for the trils) why is it worked as a Roman quarry?

Where the Trils the first, middle or last stones out of the quarry?

Your statement is similiar to an Egyptian leaving trash in the Grand Canyon and we should now believe the Egyptians built the Grand Canyon.

Lune: No it is not, you appear to becoming more and more irrational. Please explain why the building the Trils are apart of have Roman materials inside it?

You are peddling utter stupidity and it says a lot about yourself if you actually believe it.

Lune: Me and the entire scientific community whose materials YOU REFUSE TO READ. No one who has knowledge of these ruins thinks they are anything but Roman – go read the sources fool.

Your name calling seems to be a projection of your own feelings about yourself.

Lune: Nope you act delusional and I call you delusional, you act like a fool and I call you a fool, pretty simple Arnik LOL

Deluded that you can prove an argument with a poorly remembered paper and a fool if you think we will believe your dishonest arguments.

Lune: You have access to both papers why haven’t you read them yet?

Shame on you.

Lune: Boy both delusional and a fool and now we can add bad actor. You are just tooo funny Arnik.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:59 am 

Great idea Rev

One other thing you could do is get hold of someone form the most recent expedition. They would probably speak English and if you asked nicely would probably answer your questions.

Oh I'm going to Syria for the Easter break and depending on the political situation may try a 1-2 day conventional tourist trek to Baalbek.

Howdy Marduk

Hah you found Doug's comments.

Arnik and Rev: Doug seems to have access to both reports and he can be found at that website or at the hall of maat.

Rev you might find some of these references of value, they are in English and the first few are reviews (in English) of foreign language archaeological papers. You would be able to find these in a University Library (if the Univ has an Archaeology program)

Archaeological Digest
C. Bradford Welles
American Journal of Archaeology, Vol. 51, No. 4 (Oct. - Dec., 1947), pp. 435-461
doi:10.2307/500013

Archaeological News
Edward H. Heffner, A. W. Van Buren, E. P. B., W. F. Albright, George A. Barton
American Journal of Archaeology, Vol. 32, No. 1 (Jan. - Mar., 1928), pp. 66-123
doi:10.2307/497591

The First Expedition of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago
James H. Breasted
Journal of the American Oriental Society, Vol. 40, 1920 (1920), pp. 282-285
doi:10.2307/593430

Bibliography of Archaeological Books 1926
Edward H. Heffner
American Journal of Archaeology, Vol. 31, No. 2 (Apr. - Jun., 1927), pp. 226-267
doi:10.2307/497498

Archaeological News
David M. Robinson, Elizabeth P. Blegen, A. W. van Buren
American Journal of Archaeology, Vol. 36, No. 3 (Jul. - Sep., 1932), pp. 327-367
doi:10.2307/498393

Bibliography of Archaeological Books 1904
Harold N. Fowler
American Journal of Archaeology, Vol. 9, No. 2 (Apr. - Jun., 1905), pp. 242-262
doi:10.2307/496955

Bibliography of Archaeological Books 1923
Sidney N. Deane
American Journal of Archaeology, Vol. 28, No. 2 (Apr. - Jun., 1924), pp. 209-238
doi:10.2307/497735

http://antiquity.ac.uk/Ant/076/1102/Ant0761102.pdf

(Edited by Lune at 9:16 pm on Mar. 1, 2007)

(Edited by Lune at 9:18 pm on Mar. 1, 2007)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:10 am 

cool, lune! i hope to make the trek at some point (to baalbek...well...all over realy. i can check off stonehenge in england, italica in spain, & the grand canyon in US-although i'd go back to any of them. i love our planet. we're a pretty cool species, too.) i think i'm done with any debating though. since i don't believe anything can be said to be known (at the moment), it's realy pointless on my part. i fall into this logic trap of thinking it's my job to point out how anything people say they "know"...they can't possibly know. ...and that's ridiculous on my part. know away and know "you're" right. thanks for the references and link!

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4