It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:16 am 

AGNOSTIC: I assume that you're aware that you can get a bad reputation by agreeing totally with me on anything? :)

An excellent point re the assumption of continuous progress!

And I guess that we don't have a potsherd to piss in when it comes to the Golden Ages. Well, except for the GP, etc., which they insist was built by an Egyptian, inbred retard.

This should prolly be a new thread, but:
- Moses supposedly lived 1571-1451 BC.
- Velikovsky said that there were two close encounters with the comet Venus around 1550 and 1500 BC and that a third was predicted to be a collison in 1450 (but the great Mars-Venus battle prevented it).
- Sounds to me like a good reason for the Anunnaki to haul butt home.
- From 600 Anunnaki slavemasters to none.
- Moses creates the verbal Torah and monotheism.
- The rest is religious history.

Mere speculation, sans potsherds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:40 pm 

I believe Velikovsky's revised chronology put Moses and the Exodus at around 1250 BC, as does maverick Egyptogist David Rohl. Both also posit that this was at the end of the Middle Kingdom. (They don't agree on the chronology of more recent events.) This is also the approximate date usually given for the Trojan War -- though how anyone could know that is beyond me -- and also, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the eruption of Thera that supposedly wiped out the Minoan civilization.

As for agreeing with you: hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:20 am 

AGNOSTIC: Yea, born a Russian Jew, Velikovsky's initial and ongoing motivation for his research was to move the Exodus to a later date. The dates that I cited were the "standard" ones from Establishment Archaelogy's Egyptian Pharoah List, used by Christianity to establish the Creation in 4004 BC. V saw repeats in the list and I recall that at one time, he was trying to move things forward 500-800 years. Given all the preconceived notions, religious bias, and Establishmentarianism in the BC calendar, I pretty much ignore dates and focus on parallel sequences - especially of "natural" events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:26 pm 

Yes Thank you I looked at both of those sites. There are some nice pics are the first one that I could see. Only the is no scale to make measurements from.
Do you have any other suggerstions perhaps for getting those measurements.
Much peace

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2