It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:26 pm 
Quote:
Quote: from outcast on 3:02 am on Aug. 23, 2005
Mark Lehner carbon dating gave a 3000+ bc years and the most recent carbon dating project posted a time stamp of 200/400+ years over the assumed Khufu's date. making it a tad difficult for Khufu to have built the pyramids when in fact he wasnt even born yet.

the red ochre symbols inside the pyramid on the top five compartiments of the Kings chamber are interpreted as the evidence for assigning the building of the great pyramids to Kheops. but infact the symbols Knum-Kufu when read litteraly mean "Knum protects". Knum beeing the (ram headed) creator god of the Universe in egyptian mythology. also the main divinity in Kehops city of birth. Kehops probably incorporated the title of Kufu on his birth and the symbol of his home city Knum. the Nebti name of Kehops would be thus Knum-Kufu. this would pose a significant problem since his name would now be identical to the ancient and venerated formula of the creator god. Kufu had thus to take the epithet of Knum from his Nebti name. this explains why he is frequently cited as only Kufu or Kehops. those discreet marks in the pyramid could very well have been liturgical marks in homage of the creator god.

Outcast,
You made some interesting comments tying knum to the great pyramid. I would love to see the heiroglyphs themselves broken down per symbol and examined.

I am wondering what specifically Lehner carbon dated.

One of the problems tying the great pyramid to Knum rests in the appearance of Khufu's Horus name "MDDW" also in the relieving chambers with "Khufu".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:27 am 

Tripp, I appreciate the effort you take. To be honest I really don't like being made to look like a new age fool. I don't claim to be a scholar and I don't have info that can just cut and paste into my messages. I like to see shorter messages in message threads with a link to the detailed information. At first glance your response looked like a very tenacious attack on only part of my comment.

I still don't know who to beleive about the quarry markings so let's leave that aside. Now what about everythng else I said?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:11 am 

Quote:
Outcast,
You made some interesting comments tying knum to the great pyramid. I would love to see the heiroglyphs themselves broken down per symbol and examined.

you know, i've never seen a detailed presentation of those symbols either. i've seen some pictures and more recently your post above.

Quote:
I am wondering what specifically Lehner carbon dated.

the carbon project has an website online but i couldnt find any reference to the exact locations where they took the samples.

either way, i suspect that the egyptian people might have either worked in the construction of the pyramids or were in charge of keeping the monuments and provide repair work. this might be the reason why some areas of the pyramid look like a sloppy patch work. the problem with the idea of the egyptians building the great pyramid is, in my opinion, the same as for the Baalbek structures. one assumes that just because they were in the area they must be responsible for any construction in there, even if the technical means employed seem way too disproportional for the known capabilities of the egyptians. a people that, in the third and fourth dinasty, had only minimal mathematical knowlledge were suposedly capable of erecting a perfectly geometrical mountain of stone with such precision and detail.

Quote:
One of the problems tying the great pyramid to Knum rests in the appearance of Khufu's Horus name "MDDW" also in the relieving chambers with "Khufu".

the "relieving chamber" is one of the places where there is evidence that some sort of catastrophic event happened in the interior of the pyramid. this is explained in Dunn's book and i'll see if i can find some relevant quotes to post in here. if the egyptians were indeed the care takers of those monuments, maybe while they conducted their surveys and repair work they also left indications of who did the work.

its just an idea, but an analysis of the exact places where those marks were found and of the marks themselfs would be in order.

dont you find it strange that the only place where there are these marks is inside a chamber to which there was no direct access? the egyptians were keen of leaving their graffitis everywere in their temples, either painted or engraved, just to let everyone know who exactly did what and when. no only that, sometimes Pharaohs even erased the marks of others and substituted them for their own.

so, strangely enough, the great pyramid has no reference whatsoever in anyother place in ancient egypt... that i know of.

(Edited by outcast at 1:12 am on Aug. 24, 2005)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:14 am 

god, this forum software is awfull. i hope you can understand my last post. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:29 am 

check

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:43 pm 

HEY, guys! Great series of posts! I see that Tripp is still the Establishment Egyptologist and Hans is still monitoring him to make certain he doesn't speak new-age heresies! :) :) Seriously, a good, clear, almost objective and impersonal exchange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:03 pm 
Welcome aboard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:51 am 

Quote:
Quote: from MrPP on 6:43 pm on Sep. 22, 2005
HEY, guys! Great series of posts! I see that Tripp is still the Establishment Egyptologist and Hans is still monitoring him to make certain he doesn't speak new-age heresies! :) :) Seriously, a good, clear, almost objective and impersonal exchange.

hey mr.P

:)

good to see you here. did you get tired of that other place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:09 am 

Hey, guys (and gals?): I've been remiss in not joining you sooner due to a peak in family activities - son starting 11th grade, my 50th high school reunion, birth of a grandson, shopping for "project vehicle", etc.

Nah, I haven't lost interest in that "other place" - I'm still defending the "polytheism" perspective. But there's an outstanding posted request (by y'all know who) for me to be permanently banned, so I may soon have more time for Sitchin - not that his theories ever leave the forefront of my mind. I'm sensing more OT/Anunnaki correlations and a better fit of V.'s comet Venus and planet Mars theories with the Anunnaki departure. Will one of you Establishment gurus write the book for me? :)

OK, y'all get back to bickering over the GP, which - IMUO - could not have possibly been built by any of those inbred, retatrded Egyptian pharoahs. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:26 am 
MrP(P?)
Welcome aboard! You must not be trying very hard if you have not gotten yourself banned yet. Perhaps you've learned some minor degree of diplomacy in your dotage? Why are you now MrPP as opposed to MrP? Have you been promoted to Private P or what?

And, IYUO, *why*, specifically, do you believe these Egyptian Pharoahs could not have built these pyramids?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:52 am 

TRIPP: THANKS for the welcome! (You'll prolly regret it later! :) ) I had great difficulty registering here, got frustrated, and tried the "extra" "P" and it worked. Had "MrP" been banned here before I even joined? :) Besides, I was once known as "the protector of the purity of process". Should I add a third? :)

The Pharoahs were retarded and produced no other civilian products of the technical complexity of the GP. Kofu twarn't wurth hiz wate in tofu. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 am 

Quote:
Quote: from MrPP on 11:52 pm on Sep. 25, 2005
TRIPP: THANKS for the welcome! (You'll prolly regret it later! :) ) I had great difficulty registering here, got frustrated, and tried the "extra" "P" and it worked. Had "MrP" been banned here before I even joined? :) Besides, I was once known as "the protector of the purity of process". Should I add a third? :)

The Pharoahs were retarded and produced no other civilian products of the technical complexity of the GP. Kofu twarn't wurth hiz wate in tofu. :)

the system probably didnt accept a username with less than four characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:19 am 
Tripp, hope you got my latest E-mail.

Along with Mr. P., I haven't been banned yet over there on the other site.

Good to see you back.

------

Mr PP, glad you explained the "Ps," because I believe I had a hint of "bathroom humor" when I read your monker. Sorry about that.

------

Hans, on the other site, wanted me to expound on who the Modern Mythmakers are. That's funny.

When it comes to the pyramids, especially the Great Pyramid, I think we all know the current Egyptologists, especially the Egyptian "experts," fall very easily into that category.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:09 pm 
Wallis,

Not too sure to what email you're referring. Is it recent?

Like you, my first thought was that MrP got his new nick from a perviously unheralded fixation with his nether anatomy, but then I realized in truth that he added the second "P" in order to more mimic my own nick, as we all know how he idolizes geologists.

MrPP, the Ancient Egyptians must have done something right to have the only surviving example of the 8 ancient Wonders of the world and to have their influence so prevalent in even the Biblical Old Testament. To my mind, if you are going to argue that the A.E. did not build the Great Pyramid then you will have to put forward a far more convincing argument or entirely novel approach, given that the methods and means of building these pyramids were represented by these same A.Es. While the pyramids do incite one's imagination, I think the argument presented thus far by Sitchin is one of the major flaws in his theory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:34 pm 

TRIPP: You said, "...we all know how he idolizes geologists" ROTFLMAO!!! That was GREAT!

For those NOT in the know from the days of the 12th Planet Cafe, MUO was that "Earth Geology" is not a "science", but a black art hidden in obfuscating jargon, with it's foundations in a pit of quicksand. The majority of it's "Whys" are officially, "We don't know.":) While I've since come to respect TRIPP the thinking and believing human (Oh, Gawd, are we even "friends"???), I have since been given no cause to change my unhumble opinion of Geology. The only worse "science" is "Egyptology", with Archaeology running a close third. And NOW you know why Hans and Tripp are sleeping in the same intellectual bed! :) Kiwi birds who can't fly, flock together! And they flock around talking in pseudo-science. :) :) :) Oh, Gawd, I GOTTA stop! This is SO unfair!!! - picking on the scientifically-disadvantaged! :) :) :) P.S. The GP was designed and built by a rap group outta Newark, NJ!

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next