It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 10:06 am 

The Tal-Qadi stone which for many years has been though of reprsenting the stars....is in fact a moon calendar. Scientist and engineer Chris Micallef gives a thorough explanation in a paper of his on the Tal Qadi stone atrefact found at the Tal Qadi temple off the limits of Burmarrad in Malta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 2:23 pm 

Hey - me again. Where is this, how old, and post more stuff about it, the calendar in particular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 2:48 am 

This stone was found during excavation works in Malta at the temple of Tal-Qadi off the limits of Burmarrad. Few megalithic stones remain when one compares the Tal-Qadi temple with other megalithic structures in Malta. But there is enough to conclude where is the main passage.
Unfortunately I cannot attach a jpg of this stone with this mail.......but what I can tell you is after I had studied sun, moon and stars trajectory positions for the year 2650BC, I have concluded that with the respective azimuth, right ascension and declination, the sun and the moon were aligned along the main passage of the temple. We still do not know whether te temple is aligned west or east, so I presented both hypothesis. Nonetheless after I derived all moon declinations and deciphered how the path of the moon for one complete year (2650BC) I concluded that megalithic man was in fact studying the trajectoiry ofthe moon and incised his observations on the Tal-Qadi stone.
Besides the temple is also sun aligned as well as moon aligned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:02 am 

The tal-Qadi stone which has always been thought of as representing a group of stars and crescent moon is in fact a moon calendar representing the number of days between one phase of the moon and the other. This interpretation has been approved by the University of Malta.
In the meantime this is being publishing in 'The Oracle' a magazine on archaeological findings andinterpretations.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]