It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 7:01 pm 
The <i><b>"Lost Book Of Enki"</i></b> is a FICTIONAL account of Enki which Sitchin postulates to have perhaps existed .. at one time.. as a foundation of this publication which Sitchin re-creates given his past research in his other books. The marketing of this book is intentionally vague to allow the suspension of disbelief of the readers (and those buying the book) to allow Sitchin to take them on a journey of what <b> may well have been </b> and what <b> may well be in the future </b>.

Even a review of the book on Amazon.com demonstrates that this book is a fictional accounting and yet requires that you .. read between the lines a bit and use a modicum of common sense:

<b><i>"...Missing from these accounts, however, was the perspective of the Anunnaki themselves. What was life like on their own planet? What motives propelled them to settle on Earth-and what drove them from their new home? Convinced of the existence of a now lost book that formed the basis of ancient Sumerian texts holding the answers to these questions, the author began his search for evidence. Through exhaustive research of primary sources, he has here re-created tales as the memoirs of Enki, the leader of these first "astronauts." What takes shape is the story of a world of mounting tensions, deep rivalries, and sophisticated scientific knowledge that is only today being confirmed. An epic tale of gods and men unfolds, challenging every assumption we hold about our creation, our past, and our future." </b></i>

Implicit within this description of "The Lost Book Of Enki" is that this book does not stem from any concrete entablature found to contain Enki's own narration. Why would Sitchin write a fictional accounting? This book provides a venue for sitchin to speculate on evidence already presented in previous books and to extrapolate and extend this evidence so as to fill the gaps of missing detail and provide a means whereby he might allow us to imagine who these beings might have been and may now be. Sitchin did _not_ employ this fictional book "Lost Book of Enki" to introduce any new research findings, as employing such a means to introduce valid research would only serve to undermine the validity of these uncovered evidences.

UNFORTUNATELY, it seems that some plan on providing the speculations by Sitchin from this book as concrete *FACT*..and this will add to the mounting frustrations of those of us already witnessing some people's inability to seperate cultural mythos and heightened speculation from concrete fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:27 pm 

Sitchin's research is a sketchy, very unexplored realm of research. He is the practically the only man in this field of research. In addition, Sitchin's research flies in the face of established notions, and threatens to undermine thousands of people's education and belief system, not to mention all the textbooks that need to be toally rewritten.

And you tell me that you have a hard time believing it, and you haven't seen any evidence that PROVES it to you?

Maybe if some people would start with atleast allowing for the possibility of his research to be valid, and thousands of scientists helped and cooperated with him, we may get the proof you require. Until then, beieve in whatever system that was shoved down your throat by the textbooks in your childhood that were written by someone you never checked out to see if they were right. Why do you beleiev those people,without question, but feel a need to refute Sitchin?

You believe your "experts", and I will believe mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:17 pm 

Petenewky, I agree with you 100% regarding lack of mainstream support. In fact, I've been fighting this battle on Bad Astronomy against a horde of skeptic scientists/astronomers (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewf ... rum=1&8379). You're welcome to join in the mayhem, just be careful, because they'll pounce on you like a goldfish in a piranha tank. You will need facts and figures with these people, but many are willing to have polite discussions. I started posting under the PlanetX thread, and lately under the Conspiracies thread (but it's gotten to the point where we should move the discussion over to the PlanetX thread). They're all very smart (sometimes too smart), and they know what they're talking about. If anyone ends up debunking Sitchin, it will be them! However, I think I've refuted all their attempts so far, and it's been a fun discussion. Their biggest thing so far to debunk Sitchin is that "other scholars don't agree with him" and the upcoming Sumerian dictionary (written by those same scholars), which I've thoroughly trounced on. They're a tough group, and there's no changing their minds, but I've gotten some to admit the possibilities and there's been some good healthy discussion.

However, I don't read this original post as coming from a Sitchin skeptic. He's just saying that The Lost Book of Enki is not an actual text, and he's right. It is a collection of many ideas and theories researched by Sitchin over the years, with some of Sitchin's speculations interlaced. Those speculations may end up being completely right, I trust Sitchin's speculations over anyone else's on this subject, and this book is a fantastic read for Sitchinites. But the fact is that there is speculation in the book and nowhere in the book does it say what is speculation and what isn't. From my take on the original post, he's afraid people are going to run around quoting from TLBOE as if it is fact (where people as in the site above will rip it apart), and I've caught myself doing it as well. It is a fantastic book though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:27 pm 

I just bought LBOE myself, and I plan to read it in the next few weeks. I will comment then. I do see how it is a story, but nonetheless related in some way to the whole Shumerian thing.

Right now I am re-reading the whole series and I am on Cosmic Code.

I am going to check that board out. See you there!

And here of course too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:38 am 

Enjoy! In many ways, TLBOE was the most entertaining book to read of them all. I read almost half the book in one day because I couldn't put it down. The format is great, and here we finally have a complete compilation of all the important events from Nibiru to Earth (and in between) with Sitchin filling in the gaps. It could be a movie, but it would have to be a series of movies like Star Wars. I even find myself accidentally talking in those "reverse"-type sentences sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:44 am 

The Lost Book of Enki fascinated me. I never really worried too much about whether or not the story was based on some actual tablet or uncovered relic. As a science fiction writer and exlporer of realities, I enjoy alternate possibilities in my mind. When I read a work of "fact" or "fiction," I look for tid bits of truth, incorporating or rejecting those bits in the light of my own experience.
Just the fact that people are out there asking these tough questions gives me new hope.
I'm new around here.
Enlighten me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:32 pm 

The Lost Book of Enki

This book was incredible as it allowed me to sense the soul of a very ancient being.
The book gave me awe inspiring sense of the immortality of a deep conscience. I could only be sorrowed at the inevitability of a universe unfolding and that fate preceeded the necessary course of destiny.
Now considering all the violence, the destruction of lives in the Middle East, its no wonder Enki was disturbed at the oncoming events on Earth.
The Butterfly Effect of recent Annunaki tribulations, relatively speaking, as a year or two has barely went by for our long living forbearers.

Life must become understood in the spans of our existence to understand the spans of eternity.
We were giving the capacity in our intelligence to do so. Eternity is always and we get a conscience taste of it for a little while, why waste it scrutinizing?
Evidence for the Annunaki presence on Earth exists for those seeking.

The Creator of All depends on each of us to focus our "free will" on the good our souls are capable of achieving. Perhaps this would lead to redemtion for all us people on Earth, and we would follow the "way of destiny" as the Creator of All would ordain.

That a work "The Lost Book of Enki" could inspire me to an awe humbling awareness is something Im grateful for. Thankyou Mr. Zecharia Sitchin for your dedication to this unbelievable mystery!

Lynnwood G Charland.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:51 pm 

I've read all of Sitchin's books except, "The Lost Book of Enki". From what I've read here, I find it amazing that Sitchin wrote a fictional account of his theories. I had started writing my own fictional account of Sitchin's theories, but later gave up and transformed the book into a non-fiction memoir that cover's Sitchin's theories heavily. I look forward to reading "The Lost Book of Enki". Sitchin is truly brilliant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:31 pm 

Wheres the sumerian text area? i have done several months of research on the decades of research available both pro and anti sitchin. with ectsl or whatever and earth history .com as well as many other fields of discovery it looks like sitchin may have postulated a very real idea. i wont jump on his bandwagon with absolute abandon but just from reading actual sumerian transcriptions that are embraced by the non sitchin establishment as well as the book of enoch and many many other ancient accounts, i dont really think his idea is that far fetched anymore. at first i scoffed at it untill i read the accepted translations of many mythologies from around the world.

what i would like to know is what sitchins translations are based on , what methodology what is he adding to the translations from other sources.

he obviously saw the relevance in the book of enoch. i would imagine his suppositions are based on a breadth of account spanning the globe. i have only read his lost book of enki on you tube and then started discovery with the embraced translations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:36 am 

V: first of all, "tlbenki" is fiction. all of his previous books were non-fiction - and 80% right imho. you really need to read the hardcopy editions of his previous nonfiction books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:39 am 

MrPP wrote:
V: first of all, "tlbenki" is fiction. all of his previous books were non-fiction - and 80% right imho. you really need to read the hardcopy editions of his previous nonfiction books.

I wasnt arguing that. i was simply stating that between ooparts and a world full of descriptions of ancient heavenly travellers, his lost book of enoch gains a very interesting momentum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:08 am 

V: enoch = enki?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:20 am 

I dont know enough to say but enochs tone seems post akkadian and semitic in some places while in others there isnt even a shred of semitic feeling. perhaps a composition by several authors?

it definitely seems as though its intermediary from sumer to semite and hebrew. interstingly enoch was refused from the bible that the romans created as were many other very interesting books but enochs i think is so close to the sumerian origins that its descriptions of the watchers challenged the establishments intent for religion. wich of course was control and dumbing down.
as well as the multiple planar allotments for hell and sin.

No doubt an inspiration to joseph smith with mormonism for his planes of heaven and such. some of the most absurd afterlife depictions that exist belog to the mormons.(having been mormon I can say the post apocolypse mythology is not even remotely rational , and even by biblical mythological standards is absurd)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:57 pm 

Ok. will have to reread enoch with your perspective in mind.

won't reread the book of mormons, but recall my impression similar to your's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 am 

This is my first post here but i have been reading others posts for some time.

i have recently re-read the lost book of enki. even though it has been a while since i read the earth chornicles series, i don't recall the mention of the figure of 'galzu' in the chronicles, however, it is in lboe. even though the lboe is a great deal of fiction, why would sitchen interject this mysterious character which seems to perpetuate the idea of a supreme being that is all powerful and seems to control human doings by manipulating the annunaki actions concerning us as well as the annunaki themselves, much like the being that is worshipped by religionists since the figure of yahweh was created for control and manipulation of the masses. i wonder if this is possibly sitchen's way of holding on to beliefs that have been so much a part of our heritage and upbringing; that of an all seeing and knowing "god" as sitchen calls it "the creator of all" who embodies total love, etc, etc. if sitchen's conclusions about the annunaki and our origins are indeed correct (and i tend to believe that much of it could very well be), could it be that sitchen is having a bit of trouble ditching all of the old religion ideas that have been very cleverly forced on us for the purpose of control and manipulation of the masses, and has felt the need to continue to have "something" of a supernatural nature to "believe in".

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next