It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 7:54 am 

Has anyone read this yet? Can you post a review?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:23 am 

I and my two sisters have recently read the Lost Book of Enki. We found it quite interesting, and informative. We have noticed that the "Gods" don't seem too different than the people on the planet today with all the fighting, and everyone trying to outdo the others. What I want to know, is why Enlil and Enki's sons thought they had to detonate all of the bombs instead of just the two, like Enlil had told them to do? They destroyed everyone except the Babylonians, according to the way the wind blew, and this was fate? These are suppose to be the Gods that we have worshiped for eons of time? We loved the book, but it helped us to realize that no matter how "Godly" these men were, and are, they are not much different than us in how they have handled things. I can understand why they felt they needed to teach the people after some of their antics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 4:56 am 

I am about half way through The Lost Book of Enki.
On the plus side, its literate poetic style is enchanting.
The story pretty much fills-in details of the basic Annunaki story covered in The Earth Chronicals, from the Nibirans' desperate search for gold to heal Nibiru's own "ozone layer hole" (my words) - and finding it on Earth. Sending a large mission here. Genetically altering homo-erectus, creating hybrid humans for the mining labor; the many fallings-out and so on. Direct correlations are made between certain passages in the conjectured Book of Enki and Biblical verses.

On the negative side, Sitchen's interpretations smack a little too much of modern-day political correctness which enters into what should be an unbiased account of ancient events.
What is most annoying, we are left to wonder exactly which details are translations from the actual ancient Sumerian texts, and which are created from whole cloth by the wonderfully inventive and insightful Mr Sitchen. There are no source references whatsoever in the text of The Lost Book of Enki.

For readers such as myself, who prefer to distinguish between what is real versus what is fabricated, in order to get a clearer idea of our own pasts and place in the Universe, this is a terrible predicament to leave us in... akin to having us stumble around in a fascinating lucid dream, wondering what is real and what is being dreamt.

But read it you must! Then get everyone else you know to read it. It's time everyone is exposed to the genesis of religion.

THE LOST BOOK OF ENKI WILL MAKE A STUNNING FEATURE FILM!
But Mr Sitchen, you owe us footnotes on this one!!!

(Edited by Andy Romano at 5:39 am on April 27, 2002)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 6:19 am 

Andy,

This is why I am shying away from reading it. I would rather not confuse fact with fiction. The facts are difficult enough to keep straight.

The Lucas types should really look at Sitchins works for the basis of a "series" of movies. They would really be interesting and even if they stick to the "facts" as Sitchin sees them.

I can see the news stories about the film now. "Adam and Eve had black, kinky hair, story at eleven".

Havn't heard much out of Lloyd Pye lately. I bet he's writing a screen play about all this now. Just a guess.

(Edited by Star Gazer at 6:22 am on April 29, 2002)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:38 pm 

An interesting discussion with some good points raised. But, I wonder if there is still anyone left here.

According to all that has been written by Sitchin, we were created to do the bidding of the Anunnaki. Slavery had long been outlawed on their own planet so they could not force their own kind, their equals do do their bidding. Someone had to dig for the gold.

They needed strong backs, intelligent animals and so they created us. Some of us worked in the mines, some in the fields. Some even waited on our masters, naked even. That must have been amusing for them. Has much changed today?

We create the wealth and a few faceless internationalists live in luxury beyond our imaginations. We are entirely expendable. Are they Anunnaki, or are they the sons and daughters? I suspect both, and so many married into us.

I would like to go on but I am looking at the dates on the posts and it may be that this dance hall is deserted. I shall wait and see.

Enduat.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]