It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:51 pm 
As I read The Lost Book of Enki further, I come to see that Sitchin has given an interpretation of the tale of Ka-in and Abael which is somewhat Judeo-Christian fundamentalist. The brother Ka-in literally--but unintentionally--murders his "twin" brother Abael. Sitchin says this is because the two got into a heated argument about whose work was more important in the eyes of the gods. Enki, upon being told, immediately banishes him to wandering exile, but Enki's eldest son wants Ka-in killed in punishment--Abael had been mentored by him! Ninurta, who had mentored Ka-in, wants the Council of Seven convened. Mardok is furious! Who ever heard of Annunaki giving the dignity of trial to mere humans? But Enki pulls him aside and tells him (at last) the story of how he himself fathered the parents of Ka-in and Abael, and how if Ka-in is put to death then the line of Civilized Man will die out, causing more strife among the Annunaki. Mardok then laughs with the thought of his father's sexual prowess, and agrees. Ningishzidda, Mardoks' younger brother (Thoth), then genetically alters Ka-in so that he cannot grow facial hair--this is the "mark of Cain".
This storyline seems forced, because the non-sensical tension of the biblical tale caused by the Lord's simultaneously banishing but then protecting and swearing vengeance upon the harmers of Cain is never really resolved. Furthermore, it ignores the fact that Ka-in and Abael were thought of as different by both their mother (who told her husband that Cain was fathered by the Lord) and before the Lord himself, who accepted the one brother's offering but not the other's. It also contradicts the authoritative and non-forced interpretation given by the Sitchin supporter Sir Laurence Gardner, who is a great scholar of the Holy Grail stories and royal bloodlines. Gardner points out that the original language of the biblical account describes how Cain's blood was so transcendent over("rising above") Abel's that Abel's "sank into the earth". There was no literal murder; but Ka-in was naturally and obviously wiser and longer-lived than his more-human brother. Over time, being in his presence, Abael simply "died", figuratively as well as naturally a lot sooner. This is because Ka-in was actually fathered by the Lord (Enki), but Abel was fathered by the first "civilized" man (whom Sitchin--correctly, I believe--identifies not with "the Adamu", the primitive worker, but with the first Civilized Man, Adapa). Ka-in means "King", and thus Cain was fathered by Enki with the intention on Enki's part of creating royalty for the humans. Enlil was the one who wanted Ka-in killed, for no other reason than that he was against the notion of an earthling king. Enki put "the mark" on him and gave him protection.
I have a creative way of resolving the conflict between the two scholars which I feel is accurate and sensible even if neither perfect nor provable. But to find out what that is, you'll have to read my novel when it's released (I predict sometime this year).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:59 am 

The Ka-in/Abael tale has always been perplexing for me. I believe a discussion exists on this post that addresses the issue of human population; that is, what other people lived or didn't live on the Earth during the time that Ka-in and Abael presented their offerings to the Lord.
When we discuss the "Mark," or the loss of facial hair in The Lost Book of Enki, are we to consider that Asian bloodlines or native genetic branches of the Americas were somehow linked to this "Mark?" Am I pushing too far? If anyone knows more about this, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:28 pm 

Let us not forget that Enki says let us not kill Kain less there be no one to continue the line and strife will prevail for who will toil for the gods? Yet at the same time Enki sends the very one left to toil away and go to Adapa to have more children there by contradicting himself. Point being I agree with your thoughts crotonmystic, why he was spared is never truly conveyed!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]