It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:54 pm

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 2:06 pm 
Exactly who is Yahweh - not Enki or Enlil?? What does Sitchin say about the Dead Sea Scrolls. Exactly who is Satan???? Who is Galzu (sp?) - the emissary from the Creator of All?? Who is the Creator of All?? Yahweh cannot be seen by humans, is this because his skin is radioactive, thus glowing???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 3:04 pm 

In response to your question about Yahweh's identity, I do not believe that Sitchin has given a positive identification. He discusses this issue in book 6 of the Earth Chronicles but never gives a definite answer. He does describe his conclusion that Marduk arrived in Harran at the same time that Abraham was there, indicating that Marduk probably was involved in the calling of Abraham to adventure out of the city on an important errand. Sitchin also notes that Marduk, like Yahweh, was militaristic and attempting to gain power. He doesn't, however, actually draw the conclusion that Marduk and Yahweh are the same. Still, I found the comparison intriguing.

rabinti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:41 pm 

In David Rohl's "Legend - the Genesis of Civilization" he says - as does Sitchin - that the voice of God when asked his name, said to Moses, (in West Semitic or Hebrew) "Eyah asher Eyah". As Sitchin has many times pointed out, the Ancients all seem to have loved puns and wordplays. Apparently, "eyah" means "I am" but of course it is pronounced as we would say "Ea". So the voice of God could have been saying "I am (called) Ea". It has always seemed to me that "Ea" is a logical pronunciation of just plain Y, the first letter of Yahwah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:10 pm 

I thought Anu was THE main God...Enlil and Enki his sons...Murdoc his grandson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:13 pm 

Excuse me, I meant Marduk. The planet Nibiru is also called Marduk in the Babylonian's launguage. Page 29 in the GENESIS REVISITED book. I keep seeing that Marduk is a very violent God. In the bible it says the the evil one will come out of Babylon...Babylonians usurped For Marduk the attributes of a supreme "God of Heaven and Earth", the Babylonians version of the creation story is known as Enumaelish (When in the heights)....BUT seems like Anu forgave Marduk and he was released from the pyramid (Wars of Gods and Men). I don't really know if there is a "Satan". According to the books that I have read, WARS OF GODS AND MEN, THE LOST REALMS, GENESIS REVISITED, all of the gods go back and forth as far as being good or evil. Anu wanted to destroy all men during Noah's flood, but it was one of his son's who saved Noah by helping him build an ark. Remember the word Eloheim...more than one god, and yet One. Even tho Anu seems to be the top god, I don't ever see him or his family being destroyed, sometimes they are exiled for a time. Enki's son, Ningishzidda was known as Quetzalcoatl "Lord of the Tree of Life", he was also know as Thoth by the Egyptians. Seems like only the "lesser gods" known as demigods, children by gods breeding with the "daughters of men" seem to die. I know I am reading these books out of order, but this is the way I get them from the library. Really fasinating. I can believe these stories as much as the bible since we are only given certain books for our bible. I remember something about Christ writing many books that would fill the world. Well, where are they, or which of the gods was he? The children of Anu were Enki and Enlil who were rivals (Jesus and Lucifer?) That Zecharia Sitchin is really some researcher and linguist. Am excited to read the rest of his books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:32 pm 

As mentioned by 'Rabinti' (see above), Sitchin did not
give a positive identification off Yahweh. The question
from 'Wondering' (also see above) was 'Exactly who is
Yahweh?
My understanding is that Anu IS the main God of the
Anunnaki and the Igigi, but NOT of the Hebrews, else
why did Sitchin not identify him?
David Rohl's explanation is, to me, very reasonable and
linquistically has a ring of truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:13 pm 

Wasn't it Enlil who wanted to destroy mankind via a flood? And his brother Enki guided Ziusudra/Noah in the
construction of the Ark? 'Elohim' is, I think, a Hebrew
word used in the Old Testament, but I don't recall it in
the New.
By the way, Satan is an anagram for Santa, and my belief in each is equal.
You might enjoy studying the writing of Barbara Thiering on the Dead Sea Scrolls. I'm an avid admirer of her, and
though her work takes a good deal of concentration and
an open mind it is wonderfully worth the effort. Some of
your last questions are answered by her. She has a dis-
cussion group at Qumran_origins at Yahoogroups.com.
Her books are no longer easy to find but should be avail-
able in libraries.
Have fun........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:21 am 

Hi Im a newcomer.
I wonder that too! I would like to know who wears the white hat and who wears the black hat!
I lean toward Enki as being the "good god" but given his drinking habits and history of raping and sexing, I'm not sure???? Enki was the one who salvaged man from the flood, wasnt he??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:39 am 

I don't agree with the idea that Sitchin do not say who Yahweh is, on the Cosmic Code. He does say that it is Nannar/Sin the Moon God. He also explains how people describe Sin's departure from earth. Also Marduk position at that time at the Harran area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:29 pm 

I had assumed that Jehova and Marduk were one and the same he played both teams against the middle. Because he was angry at the Israelites infidelity to him.
Jehova said he would raise up a great nation against the Jews and sure 'nough Marduk and the Babylonians kicked teeth and captured people. So as Jehova he was the Jewish god and as Marduk he was the Babylonian god. Perhaps I am mistaken, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:24 pm 

Do you think perhaps Ea-wah said he would raise up a
great Nation against the Jews and sure 'nough he sent his son Marduk and the Babylonians to kick teeth, etc.?

I try not to read more into Sitchin than he can give us
through the translations of the Sumerian writings, but
I find it difficult not to speculate on the many identities
of some of the characters. I read somewhere recently that 'Allah Akbar' is one of the many names of Sin , but
is also one of the original names of Mohammed's
Allah. As I recall 'Akbar the Great' was one of the first
of the Muslim invaders of India. Could this be a reference to Sin of the Sumerian pantheon?
I can't see that Jesus fits into any of the Sumerian
predictions or pantheon, but I could most certainly be
corrected on this. Maybe I'll just go back to the Dead
Sea Scrolls and Barbara Thierings interpretations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:51 am 

I have just finished reading "Divine Encounters", and Sitchin states that Yahweh is not any of the Annunnaki. Yahweh is the God of the Elohim. He is truly divine and immortal whereas the "gods" of Nibiru are mortal beings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:21 am 
Yes, Sitchin wrote that Jahweh is the Elohim of the Elohim, probably the God that the Nibiru feared.

From my pickle barrel, having been a theologian for several decades now, the term "Satan" has undergone many permutations. Without going into too much detail, this is the scenario I currently like:

Marduk is the satanic figure. He won the world; he owns it. Inasmuch as the Judaic religion called for a turning away from the world and its "owner" to the Light and Yahweh, I believe that much of the "history" of satan has been taken from the events that Sitchin tries to illuminate for us refers directly back to Marduk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote: from Wallis on 9:21 pm on Aug. 12, 2005
Yes, Sitchin wrote that Jahweh is the Elohim of the Elohim, probably the God that the Nibiru feared.

Despite Sitchin's feeble indications that Yahweh is the God of the gods, the Elohim of the Elohim, I believe this is primarily only lipservice to Sitchin's Judaic origins and the Judeo-Christian religions resulting from his own lifetime of inculcation. I do not believe that there exists any substantive information that demonstrates that the God of all gods and "THE Creator of all that exists and ever shall exist" was ever active and interactive among mankind.

In fact I believe the overwhelming import of Sitchin's own writings is that NONE of the influence upon mankind by these beings is in any way from a source that shows evidence of omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence, as the Judeo-Christian religons represent this God Creator.

Ulitmately one must ask why such a Singular Boundless Being would choose one group of humanity as 'his own', not because they were particularly devout, nor particularly righteous but merely because they had "no other god", as indicated in the Bible itself. This is a particularly uninspiring undertaking for One who is alleged to be peerless and who already is recognized as being in conflict with Elohim pretenders to the Highest Throne.

In my view, very likely the "Yahweh" depicted by Judeo-Christianity and even touched upon by Sitchin is a compilation of numerous beings over time and not one singular, uncommon, unequaled being. As previous poster here indicated, this Yahweh did not make an appearance until Moses spoke to the burning bush and was told "Eya asher Eya(h)", or "I am that I am" which is also phoenetically, "I am the one known as Eya". Eya being the name long known to eastern Akkadians, who are later to comprise the unenslaved portion of the Hebrew tribes.

Eya is also the moniker of Enki, the one who warned mankind of the impending flood and gave Noah the means to survive the inundation.

This is not to say that the being speaking from the 'burning bush' was, in fact, Eya or Enki. HOwever, even as evidenced in further examination of Exodus 3 in the prase, "The god of your ancestors has sent me to you," this being speaking from the bush was very much desiring to use the recognition of previous generations to establish his own respect and recognition while, at that moment, also seeking to have himself recognized exclusively under a new name:

<font size=+1 color="maroon"><b>'This is what you are to say to the Israelites, "Eya </b>(not 'I am')<b> has sent me to you". You are to tell the Israelites, "Yahweh, the god of your ancestors, the god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has sent me to you." This is my name for all time and in this way I am to be invoked for all generations to come.' </b></font>

(Edited by Tripp at 12:30 pm on Oct. 1, 2005)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:15 am 
It is logically correct to doubt that the One True God would choose only one race or people as "chosen," if one takes the understanding that these people will somehow be "saved" or "blessed" above all others.

But by examining Judaic roots and understanding, this "chosen"-ness was a heavy burden for the Israelites. By being "chosen," the Jews were supposed to be the "light" to the world. They were supposed to bring the "good news" to the world. Instead, we have a stiff-necked people who decided to keep their "god" all to themselves.

We could say that the Christ corrected this misinterpretation by the Jews, but that is beyond the purview of this thread.

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next