It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:18 pm 

Modern archeologists contend that the ancient people of mesoamerica were blood cultists and blood sport enthusiasts. I assumed they were wrong and still do. It has been so long since I read the book, 'The Lost Realms' that the impression I was left with was long after the mesoamericans age of enlightenment the bloody events happened. I look forward to any comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:56 pm 

That may be. According to Sitchin's theories, the first civilization in MesoAmerica was the result of Thoth's exile from Egypt once Marduk took power in that nation. Thoth brought his followers to MesoAmerica where they established their own civilization. There certainly does appear to be corroboration in the calendrical system used by the Maya. Thoth's number was "52", from whence we get the number of cards in the typical deck of playing cards. The Maya used a calendrical system that contained both a lunar and solar calendar. The lunar and solar calendar meshed together to create one great year of the Maya Calendar - that great year was 52 years in length - the number of Thoth - 52.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:55 am 

The sacrifices that involved the extraction of the beating heart and most other weren't introduced until after Qeuzecoatal/Thoth and the others had left the area. It may have been a way to try to entice the gods to return or was something totally made up by the current ruler. It's amazing how far humans will go to try to appease the gods by sacrificing virgins but I'm sure before the gods had left the virgins were used for for something else besides death.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]