It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:00 am 

yeah...that's why i stay in the void of relativity. socrates' methodology demonstrated to me the lack of absoluteness in any individual conclusion, since the arrival at said conclusion passed through a flawed and self-serving brain. when we have faith in our thinking, we cannot escape the trap of expectation and expectations affect conclusions. so all conclusions are suspect. i would've majored in philosophy, but the department (save one wonderfully disorganized prof) seemed rather full of itself, didactic and masturbatory. i prefer conceptual "group-gropes".

i've found the socratic method very useful to help people find areas in their lives where they lack integrity...by which i mean situations in which there is disharmony in their own thoughts, beliefs and/or actions/behaviors. it's my personal belief that the best a person can do in life is to strive for internal integrity.
i TOTALLY see what your saying though and don't disagree. it's also a handy way to lead people where you want them to go and having them think they got there by themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:25 am 

TRA: I doubt that there were many sons of rich men who graduated from the academies of Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle unbuggered by "the Master". :-)

"Striving for internal integrity" - in it's best sense - is a high, personal purpose. Of course, it's easily achieved by the totally amoral individual. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:02 pm 

no doubt! no two people would have the same outcome either...integrity wouldn't be the same for everyone. so...the amoral individual/baby raper is consumed by the boy scout/white knight...and each is integrous. let the monkey be the monkey, let the saint be the saint...and let the postal worker be the postal worker. (hey! marduki-nuk...let the troll be the troll, dude) hmmm...i'll have to cogitate on this some more...actually...as i read what i wrote, something doesn't sit well. maybe it's the jalapenos and sour cream from lunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:23 pm 

Seems to me that with thinking like that you could talk yourself into not believing anything at all. Then where are you? Those who believe in nothing, will fall for anything.

And you are a Rev at that and have to use "faith" to believe in god. Seems like a contradiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:40 pm 

BTW. I think the pictures I posted only prove what has been stated in the bible. Here are two links explaining that.

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/angelicconspiracy.html

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/enoch5.html

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2