It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:02 am 

Graham Hancock recently published "The Mars Mystery", a book about the connection with the Giza plateau and the cydonian region of mars. I was just wondering what other peoples views are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:59 pm 
Hi Beau..

In the past I have been a regular poster on the Hancock board.

I do not see any connectiong between Giza and the Cydonia region of Mars, myself. I see no reason to indicate the Cydonia "face" is artificial and many, many details dictating this form to be entirely a natural morphology. The recent (a few days ago) Odyssey THEMIS thermal daytime image tends to confirm this being a natural morphology and put this morphology into concext of the Cydonia region's structure. I expect an anticipated nighttime THEMIS thermal image, hopefully with higher detail, will even more confirm the natural origin of this mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:11 pm 

I have to disagree with tripp. I am a firm believer, that the "face" on mars is not a natural thing at all. Though many very smart scientists come up with all sorts of ways to photograph it, and analyze it, the leave out the common sense that we all have. Even if imagery tells us that the face is just a natural formation. they forget to think: What if it's an un-natural formation covered up by 4 million years woth of erosion and climatic disturbances. That would make it look pretty natural but what's underneath? We'll never know until we go there and dig the darn thing up. Just my two cents worth...

B MAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:04 pm 

Hi B-Man,

I have often had precisely the same speculation as you: the "Face" was, indeed, an artificial monument which has become eroded via the fierce winds of Mars over the milennia.

However, I must also say the Tripp makes a very good argument that the whole thing is a trick of light and shadow and is perfectly natural. Tripp is a self-avowed Sitchinite and he feels that he has other evidences for probable activity taking place even now on Mars (and not activity generated by humans, either) in addition to that for other truly artificial structures upon Mars.

If you go to Andy Lloyd's Dark Star Theory forum, there is a Mars Unearthed section there which Tripp contributed heavily to. It makes very compelling reading and viewing.

By the way, so does the Dark Star Theory Website. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:31 am 

You wouldn't happen to have the web address would you, or maybe even be able to make a hyperlink for that site? I'd like to check it out...
In any case thanks for the heads up. And by the way, Tripp, I hope it didn't sound too much like I was attacking your statement. It wasn't till after I read it that I realized how arrogant it sounded. No offense intended...

B Man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:53 am 

[url=http://pub39.ezboard.com/fhuntforplanetxfrm37

]http://pub39.ezboard.com/fhuntforplanetxfrm37

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:32 pm 

I don't see how a face could be natural shading. I do think it would have some erosion. Does it line up at all with the pyramids or the Sphinx? Maybe its another 'direction marker'. What do yall think? Anybody know if it lines up?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]