It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fly High and See the Live View From the Space Station
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:32 am 
Site Admin

If you have a streaming video player installed like VLC you can ride along and enjoy the view from the space station. I suppose it might work with windows media player too if entered as a URL.

Go to this URL and enter it. You should get a popup and just select open. If all you see is solid black then you are on the dark side of earth and there might be total cloud cover. That is when it is just a solid black screen. I think it takes about 90 minutes to orbit the earth but you can see either sunrise or sunset from space every 45 - 90 minutes according to my rough calculations. It shows Iphone in the URL but is not just for Iphones. :o

http://iphone-streaming.ustream.tv/uhls/17074538/streams/live/iphone/playlist.m3u8

You can look on this page at the graphic midway down and see if it is in darkness or daylight at the moment.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream

I actually have it rigged up so it is full screen as the live background on my 22 inch monitor on my PC..... I don't leave it on 24/7 though. A live video view of earth from space just in place of what would normally be the background image on my desktop. Wild. If you decide later you want it to be your background image it's different. To put it on as live background, you have to make a custom shortcut and put it in your startup folder. Ask me for the code.

Post subject: Re: Fly High and See the Live View From the Space Station
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:18 am 
Global Moderator

Wow, cool stuff m8. :shock:

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]