It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How do you balance this knowledge with everyday life?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 am 

Divorced with no children, I've been living alone for years, and my home has been my sanctuary. I've been free to pursue any knowledge openly, freely and unafraid. For the past couple of years I've been engaged to a wonderful, positive, open-minded lady with two teenaged daughters, and we're getting married tomorrow. We only just started living together in the same house for the past couple of months, and it's been becoming more apparent to me how differently I see the world than they do. My fiancee loves to hear about what I'm reading and thinking. She's truly intrigued, but I can tell by the twinkle in her eye that it still registers as fiction to her. Her daughters believe in the Bible in it's most literal sense, and think the notion of life from other planets is a joke.

Please let me express that I don't have a problem with this. Sometimes I feel sorry for their lack of understanding, but sometimes I envy it. We go to church as a family every Sunday. I enjoy the people there, the fellowship, and the pastor's message. I enjoy the feeling in the car and the discussions inspired on the way home. But there's still that itch in the back of my head that it's all based on misinterpretation, and I'm not "into it" in the same way that they are. I want to explain things to them, but even if I knew where to begin, I don't want to take away their comfort. They need to believe in angels, not aliens. They just do.

It wasn't until I had these gals in my life that I really started to understand why the government keeps the general populace ignorantly blissful. The truth is readily available for those of us who can handle it. I'm now having to compartmentalize, edit and censor myself for them. I have Sitchin on my nightstand, and then I go to church on Sunday. Let me try to explain; it's as if I have a true history of the life and times of Saint Nicholas, and then I go hop on Santa Claus's lap and tell him what presents I want for Christmas. Do any of you feel the same way? How do you balance your understanding of the universe with everyday life?

Post subject: Re: How do you balance this knowledge with everyday life?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:27 am 

Congratulations on the wedding!!! I hope it's still working out good for you.

I find balancing this knowledge with my everyday life to be quite simple and easy. I may have to choose my terminology carefully when talking to religious people but typically I'm able to agree with them on many ideas. I just don't bring up topics like how it didn't take literally 6 days to create the world and everything around it or evolution. Those I do discuss with it are a bit more open minded and I don't try to say anything to make them sound wrong or ignorant.

It's not often I can bring this kind of stuff up and I can only wish I can find someone willing to listen. It does make me a bit apprehensive to ask anyone out for a date but then again I wouldn't be bringing this stuff up on the first date unless they do. It is great when I do bump into like minded individuals even if most of them seem to take it to the extreme. I don't buy into every conspiracy theory except for a few of the biggest ones that more or less create the rest to make things even more confusing.

I gotta tell you how much better I feel ever since finding this "faith". I can almost feel smug about what I know and I feel sorry for those still clinging to the false narrative. There's no sense rubbing into other people's faces like what some Christians prefer to do. Luckily the few times I did find myself confronted I was able to shut them down thanks to this knowledge despite not knowing much about "the word".

It's almost on a daily basis that I find more evidence that proves our theory right and my collection of bookmarked online news articles keep growing. The scientist and authors have no idea the real implications of what they find but I do. Recently they figured out that there's a cluster of icy objects that used to hang out near Neptune until a supposed 5th gas giant of our solar system came by and disturbed them and sent them much further out before the planet itself was ejected from the solar system.. Immediately I saw this as evidence of Nibiru's interaction with our solar system and if only they would realize that this ejected planet comes back every 3,450-3,600 years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/our-solar-system-may-have-had-a-fifth-giant-planet_55ccaed4e4b0cacb8d3319e7?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592&kvcommref=mostpopular

Thanks to shows like Ancient Aliens this theory is becoming more and more mainstream. If I could find other people who watch it too that would be a step in the right direction. Until then I'm happy with knowing the truth and being able to understand why religion exists and why things seem so mysterious when there is a simple explanation. Much like Occam's Razor the simplest answer, no matter how far fetched, is most likely the truth.

To keep your daughters happy keep calling the aliens angels and don't bother trying to explain to them that Greek and Roman mythology are just as accurate as the Bible. When they do get old enough and go to college they may discover this stuff on their own much like how they'll probably discover that cannabis isn't nearly as bad as the alcohol I'm drinking at this moment. Do try to explain to them how important it is to keep an open mind and that not everyone is correct, even their pastor. We can only do the best with the information that we're given and ultimately it's up to us to decide what to believe and what to use in our daily lives.

I can only hope you don't attend a church that believes that it's their way or the highway like Catholicism. That if you cannot agree that it really took only 6 24 hour days to create this world you don't deserve to sit in their pews. That if you cannot agree that the Earth is only 6,000 year old and dinosaurs roamed the Earth during that time you can't enjoy the real messages pastors should be preaching. The Bible wasn't supposed to be taken literally and was constructed as a guide on how to treat other humans with respect. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we have to refuse gay people their rights and nowhere does it say many things that most Christians believe.

Ignorance on this subject is a two-way street and I haven't taken the time to read the Bible. Luckily, I don't feel the need to but it would help to understand why people can be so adamant that it's right even when they have the wrong idea of what it says. I have picked up a few things here and there and have amazed my own parents about what the Bible does and does not say. For instance it mentions that men who lie with other men are abominations but it says nothing about women and it doesn't say what you're supposed to do with those abominations.

God is the one who dealt with Sodom and Gomorrah but yet we have churches like Westboro who think it's up to them to try to somehow end gayness. Of course that's not exactly what really happened but these people will use any story in the Bible to prove their point which is exactly what cult leaders do. Anyone can use the Bible to prove any point they desire including having sex with children or killing innocent victims. I'm not gay but it's about time to stop treating them like 3rd class citizens like religious white folks did against blacks in the 60's or other religions before then did to other religions.

Post subject: Re: How do you balance this knowledge with everyday life?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

You should post that link as a main thread for discussion by itself... because it is very interesting in it's own right.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]