It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Picture of Sumerian artifact
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:05 am 

I recall seeing a picture, in one of the Earth Chronicles books, of a gold plate, that looked like a satellite photo of the Western Hemisphere, from ancient Sumer. It was a 3d relief, showing mountain terrain, and the ice free coast of Antarctica. I can't find a link anywhere on the web, but I'm pretty sure it was in at least one of Sitchin's books, and I think I first saw it in von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods, as well. Does anybody know of a link to this artifact?

Post subject: Re: Picture of Sumerian artifact
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:56 am 
Global Moderator

I am on it and will post back if I find what you are looking for.

Edit:
Mmm are you sure it is a sumerian artifact ? I have found a reference in "There Were Giants Upon the Earth" pretty close to your description (p.91-92):

"(The continent of Antarctica was discovered only in A.D. 1820; yet it was already shown on the A.D. 1513 map of the Turkish admiral Piri Re' is. As described in Divine Encounters, the slippage also explains the puzzle of other pre-discovery mapas mundi, such as the 1531 Orontius , Finaeus map [Fig. 43] that shows Antarctica [box on the right] as though seen from the air and ice free [box on the left]; the contours of the Antarctican continent under the ice cover were determined by radar and other modern means only in 1958.)"

Btw Piri Reis' map is also mentioned in "Chariots of the Gods":

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:42 am 

It is not a map or drawing. It's a gold object, like a dinner plate. It is dated to be over 5,000 years old, and is supposedly from Sumer. All of the maps you refer to are equidistant projections. This was not like that. It is more like if you took a picture of the planet from outer space, and it even looks (from my memory of the photo I saw, as if the elevations of the mountains protruded, in 3D. The object clearly shows both the North American and South American continents, as well as the coast of Antarctica.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:01 am 
Global Moderator

Ok I will look further in Sitchin's books. In "Chariots of the Gods" there is not such image you describe.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]