It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:03 pm 
My maternal side is from County Cork. My paternal side might have come from Wales.

So, Agnostic, when the hardware dies, the software dies as well? Or, could the software be transferred to another hardware body?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:03 am 

There is an old term used for what affects the body; "humors". This term referenced changes in the blood that affected a person's health as well as disposition. i've come to realize that these humors are the results of diet, external stress, internal stress, gravity, the body's chemical makeup at time of birth, etc... i believe that these humors are what constitute what we know of as the soul. Now, supposing what i just stated is true, are these circumstance controllable at the time of creation? We can pretty much choose the time of year we want our child born, or the environment we want them raised in, why not the character we want them to have (genetically speaking). Can our souls have been piggy back riderr of the genes of the Anunnaki? Where did the souls of the Anunnaki originate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:41 pm 
Here's a thought: if the soul is eternal and reincarnated in various forms, then the soul could have experienced extraterrestrial forms (meaning off-Earth).

I jokingly declare that I want to be reincarnated as one of the ETs, so I can play with Earth humans some day, too. Probably better yet, I want to be reincarnated as one of the beings who are playing with the ETs who are playing with Earth humans. I think you catch my drift.

I speculated that once the Anunnaki/Nibiru folks made humans that when they passed on they became trapped inside the human bodies they made. Talk about karmic justice!!!!

If what we term as God came into being at the same time as the Big Bang, then perhaps souls came into existence at the same time. Each individual soul is but a splinter of the existing whole. One interesting idea I read was that God, wanting to experience all life in the universe, splintered a great deal of himself into souls so that when they returned to Him he added to himself more knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:24 am 

i've read something similar in regards to GOD also. It could happen. The one thing that i am sure of is that, if we can imagine it, it is possible. For anyone familiar with the multiverses of the comics i recommend reading the Silver Surfer graphic novel "Parable". It gives the mind/imagination much to ponder in the thought of multiple dimensions, the concepts of time and space, and the mystical/spiritual. It explains the origin of the amalgam universe. (A comics thing). It is a most interesting read for a lay scientist/philospher and a though provoker for the professional.
Question:
How much is known of the Anunnaki past?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:18 pm 

>"when the hardware dies, the software dies as well? Or, could the software be transferred to another hardware body? "<

If the analogy holds, the software would die with the body, unless it's been downloaded into/onto something. That is conceivable, but, so far, I know of no mechanism for doing so. And just because it COULD happen doesn't mean it DOES happen. (And if I download multiple copies of myself, which one will be the real me?)

I have never heard anyone come up with a mechanism for reincarnation; it just magically happens. Hardly scientific. It's conceivable (barely) that memories could somehow be implanted in our DNA, so that at some point a "past life" memory might reach the consciousness of some inheritor of the DNA, but that's as close as I can come to thinking up a mechanism for reincarnation, and it would not really be reincarnation as it is normally defined.

Even if you have a soul, is the soul YOU? I mean, are you the body, the soul, or the mind? If the soul survives, but not your mind, how can you identify with it? How can you say YOU survived? Your soul isnt you anymore than your bank account is you, or your house, or your car. "You" are your mind: specifically, your memories and your thoughts. Now, don't tell me that survives after the body dies; it doesn't even function (consciously) when you're asleep, even though you still have a brain when you're asleep (which you won't have when you're dead.)

I figure, when you're dead, you're dead. Nothing lasts forever. Why should WE? Even the sun will "die" someday. If nothing else gets us, entropy will eventually.

Admittedly, there may be "more things in Heaven and Earth" than I dream of (to paraphrase Shakespeare), so I never say "never," and I never say "always." I am prepared to reconsider if and when I see believable evidence. Until then, I do not choose to believe things just because it would be nice if they were true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:11 pm 
Agnostic, let me pique your brain here.

If this short existence on Earth is "all that there is," then why not live according to our animalistic natures?

Morality be damned. The self (however you want to define it) is "ME" oriented. We want, and we'd like to take. Yet, society has burdened fellow human beings with laws and morality that stifle the ME instinct.

Why not be like the animals? If there is no "afterlife" or extension of existence, they why do we act like there is?

In the Western world, our morality is shaped like Dante's world, where each soul (double meaning here) is dangled on a string between heaven and hell. In the Eastern World, hell is but a re-education facility before being placed back on the wheel of life.

A book by Charles Panati (sacred Origins of Profound Things) does a pretty good job of describing the origins of thought surrounding souls. Ancient Jews thought along the lines that once you're dead, you're dead. This was augmented a little later by the soul going to Sheol to sleep forever. As pagan religions became part and parcel of the Jewish religion, degrees of hell emerged with an understanding that something survives.

Hellenic thought influenced the Christian church greatly through Paul's writings and teachings. Being a Pharisee, he believed in a dichotomy of material and spiritual. The Saduccees believed that once you're dead, you're dead.

Obviously, no human is going to come up with a mechanism for reincarnation. The material is outside that of the spiritual. We are all prisoners and puppets of something that is beyond not only our control but our understanding.

I agree that there can be no proof of a soul. This is a concept that has to be internalized, analyzed, and either accepted or rejected. I can tell you why I have accepted the idea of a soul, but I obviously cannot prove the existence of my soul to you much less the existence of a soul within yourself. I suppose that's the beauty of having a free will: you get to choose what you want to accept and believe.

Let me add, before I forget, that all the things you mentioned in your fourth paragraph are material things except for the concept of soul. Current thinking based on millennia of thought feel that the soul is spiritual and therefore eternal.

I once read a book called Seth, a "higher being" who channeled through the author (I forget the name). Seth claimed that it was living many lives on many different planes, if you will, like a being hooked up to many different video games. When it died on one plane, it merely hooked itself into a different video game. As ludicrous as it may sound, the book made a lasting impression upon me, as I remember the concept and still find it amusing if not interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:38 am 

i try to see things from 3 perspectives. Mental, physical, and spiritual. Like Wallis, i can only tell you what i believe since the soul is, yet to date, unprovable. What i define as me is the total of my collected experiences, learning, exposure, reasoning, etc... This is the part of me that dies to return no more. It consists of my mind emotions. My soul is what i spoke of earlier i.e. the humors in the blood, time and location of birth, etc..., The spirit is what binds the two together. The spirit is what reflects how the external factors affect the internal workings. This is what reveals our true nature based on our choices. Which is what gives man the ability to change his nature. Choice is what gives belief its power. When we choose to believe our mind acts accordingly. Therefore, the mind CAN heal the body if the persons chooses to believe it so. Something that has been proven repeatedly. And the spirit is what reflects a person's belief inwardly as well as outwardly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:49 pm 

RE: The soul and Reincarnation

If you assume the existence of the soul, then reinarnation, of some type or form (even if it's not in this world or dimension) becomes a definitive reality.

Energy does not ever cease to exist, it only changes forms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:04 am 

>"If this short existence on Earth is "all that there is," then why not live according to our animalistic natures?"<

Well, for one thing, that could get you in a whole lot of trouble. We have laws to protect each other from each other's greed, emotions, etc. If "eat, drink, and be merry" were the only forms of fun, I might go that route, but I enjoy a good book, a good discussion, indulging my curiosity, the love of my family, the respect of my friends and neighbors, and many other things that are not particularly animalistic.

>"Therefore, the mind CAN heal the body if the persons chooses to believe it so. "<

I agree that this is possible and does happen, sometimes. Some injuries or diseases are so bad they are beyond the power of the mind to heal without outside help, of course. But there is an old saying that "the body heals itself, the cure is to amuse the patient." The immune system is a powerful thing.

>"If there is no "afterlife" or extension of existence, they why do we act like there is?"<

Presumably because we've had it drummed into us since we were little kids. If by "act like there is" you mean why do we behave ourselves? it could be because we are civilized beings; we have compassion for our fellow humans, and know that the universe is not all about us.

>"I once read a book called Seth, a "higher being" who channeled through the author"<

I remember seeing that book for sale (or, I think, a sequel to it) maybe 30 years ago. It sounded interesting, but I didn't buy it. Interesting choice of names: In the Bible, Seth was the third son of Adam and Eve; in Egyptian religion, Seth, or Set, was Osiris's "evil twin," the embodiment of chaos (or the desert) who tricked Osiris and killed him.

>"We are all prisoners and puppets of something..."<

There's another old saying: "The mind is a prisoner of the body."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:27 am 

The soul, spirit, or consienceness are all different names for the same thing. Even animals must have souls since they are aware of their surroundings even if they aren't aware of everything (hell, even we aren't aware of everything). It seems to me that most people only consider humans as having souls due to our intelligence and understanding. If the Hindus and Buddists believe that you can be reincarnated as an animal then maybe the soul is interchangable with most life-forms.

Whether or not the soul can be studied or technologically trasnsferred is of little importance to me. The aura of the soul can be photographed and it can even represent body parts that have been severed so there must be a physical aspect to it. The soul can be transferred on its own without help since there are reports of 'walk-ins' where somebody feels as if someone else is controlling their behavior like there is a 2nd soul within one body. There's more to it than that but I don't have any of the info on hand at the moment.

We had souls before the Anunnaki combined our DNA with theirs. They made a big deal about breathing life into our nostrils but if they had never recreated us we would have evolved to this level sooner or later. I appreciate that they went out of their way to give us a boost but it was only for their own benefit so I'm only partially gratefull.

We are more entitled to this planet than the Anunnaki are. Even though it was their 'planet' that stabilized our solar system and planted the seed of life onto Earth there would have been life on Earth without their assistance. I highly doubt that they were around 4 billion years ago but Earth really had no choice when Nibiru broke her apart and deprived the moon of its former destiny. Maybe the solar system would have stablized itself but probably not before ejecting a few planets and/or creating a super planet.

I feel that they had no right claiming Earth as theirs. The same goes to the Spainards and other nations that claimed the New World when they crossed the ocean. A New World that already had civilizations. I feel that cooperation is the key but will anybody listen?

(Edited by Areles at 10:32 pm on Aug. 20, 2005)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:40 pm 

All consciousness is energy, all the universe is energy, hence, all the universe is consciousness. God is that universal consciousness. We are individual fragments of his/her persona trapped in lower frequency forms of energy (matter). We all wish to be individual beings because we are all a small part of THE Individual Being, and therefore retain a sense of self, but in truth we are all connected as One through spiritual/energy dimensions.

The Annunaki may have physically fashioned Terrans through DNA manipulation of existent species, but they could not innoculate a soul purposefully as it would have been inherently present in the genetic material at hand. They were and are nothing more than evolved thought constructs themselves.

As the imperfect vessel of the lower frequency matter form cannot indefinitely contain our higher frequency consciousness, we are forced to "die". However that vessel dissolves, it returns to energy in some form while the consciousness either maintains a level of higher frequency or slows and is "pulled" into another low frequency vessel. We unknowingly create these vessels in the womb when we procreate which act as flypaper to slower thought constructs.

This is the nirvana of Buddha; as well as, Christ's well of living water. Why do so many "individuals" attempt to justify behavior contradictive to the peaceful humanistic tenets of their own philosophies? It is because they fear the loss of ego within the tide of communal consciousness. This is the perpetual factor of physical (low frequency) existence, and the one obstacle to spiritual (high frequency) perfection.

The Annunaki are our brethren in that they too are bound within this seemingly endless cycle. The Doctors to our Frankensteins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:52 pm 

I agree that the Anunnaki are part us and we are part them, but as Areles expressed they came and decided to play God (a form of creator), forced or not, living sentient beings' apparent free will seem to have came into play and they made the choice.

They put themselves in a position they can't possibly fill. The question is will an imperfect race of beings that had a hand in our creation feel the need to lower Kingship down again.

Would they have the right? Feeling that we're their responsibility, what criteria would we need to meet to "earn" the right to exist without anymore forceful intervention. Do we have the right being the physically created to expect that in the current physical realm?

It might be true in the grand scheme of things that we are all stuck in the same cycle but that seems more in the non physical realm. Where would we stand in the existence chain so to speak to advanced long life spanned entities.

They might feel we're fam, and see themselves as authority figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:33 am 

PS: Good points! They, upon any return, might treat us as children or they might treat us as slaves. What they won't treat us as is equals. To them, we'd appear as superstitious squabblers with a strong wont to kill each other. Were they to become aware of the greedy behaviors of our power-crazed politicians, profiteers, and pulpiteers, lowering kingship again is the LAST thing they'd consider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:25 pm 

I am "very new" to all this 'stuff'... But find it to be mind blowing, to say the least!!!!!! I will continue to read these boards, and the books...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:28 pm 

HUDABEN: WELCOME! DO stay tuned on this board, but more importantly - read the books and S's sources for yourself.

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next