It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:05 am 

Has anyone else suspected any connections between the very different theories of S&V???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:00 pm 

Hi from Germany!

My name is Karsten and I read the major books of Velikovsky and "The 12th Planet" by Sitchin. I also browsed in other books of Sitchin. I found Velikovsky far more convincing than Sitchin! Velikovsky was a real scientist and a friend of Einstein. You can imagine that a genius like Einstein carefully chose his friends etc. Einstein basically agreed with V that cataclysms have happened in historical times (see the book Exodus in the Old testament). Sitchin, on the other hand, was not a sumerologist and receives until today a lot of justified criticism, see for example www.sitchiniswrong.com .

I find the subjects discussed here very fascinating! If time permits I will throw in my thoughts and opinions.

I am convinced Nibiru will visit us in a few years and cause the much prophecised Pole Shift.

Bye, Karsten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:38 pm 

KARSTEN: WELCOME to the board! We look forward to your inputs. My prime suspicion is that it was the last (and final) passage of Niburu through the Solar system that initiated the major catastrophes discussed by V. Most likely when entering the plane of the planets, Nib had a close encounter with Jupiter, sucking out it's former solid core which became the comet (later planet) Venus. This was likely predictable by the Anunnaki astronomers on Earth, so they prepared to abandon Earth when Niburu looped around the Sun and again crossed the plane of the planets. Many of the sources cited by V. have Venus "born of the belly of (the male god) Jupiter". But the encounter with Jupiter so affected Niburu that it attained escape velocity and left the Solar System.

Both V. & S. suffered badly at the hands of the Establishment Scientists, Uniformitarians or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:54 pm 

After 10 years, I've just begun re-reading (for the third time) V's "Worlds in Collision". After only 50 pages, I'm amazed at the plethora of details that I'd forgotten. The theories of V & S are becoming inseparable in my mind.

Post subject: Please don't drink his color of kool-aid
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:50 pm 

Unless Mr. Sitchin's family come across any information that proves that he did in fact read the book and used it help create his theory we may never know. I haven't read Worlds in Collision or Earth in Upheaval but there is plenty about what the books contain online. Unfortunately Immanuel suffered from the same problem as scientists in his day and scientists to this very day and that is a lack of information. Thanks to Sitchin we pretty much know what happened and we can see where Immanuel was coming from even if his theory is still quite more extreme than Mr. Sitchin's. Let's not forget that Immanuel had a habit of twisting and stretching facts to come up with his conclusions.

He may have been a smart guy and a friend of Einstein but I think his creative imagination is what got him into trouble. His problem is that he wanted the Hebrew Bible to be 100% correct and to prove it he tried to use science as his means to an end. Yes, most of the Hebrew Bible is correct in one form or another but having been written by humans it is far from perfect. His books are probably a great read for Sitchin fans who also know ahead of time where Immanuel supposedly got his sources. Everyone else may be tricked by his writing style into thinking that there isn't such a thing as the conservation of angular momentum. We may still owe him a great deal of gratitude for helping to lay down the foundations of our current theory made simpler and more logical by Zecharia Sitchin.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]