It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:53 am 

So destiny is written. Fate is the shape and form that our destiny will take and we are writing it as we go. I can dig it. Philosophically it sorta makes sense too, how there are universal imperatives and then instances where offshoots of those imperatives fuse.

Thoughts?

(Edited by George Hayduke at 3:54 am on Sep. 7, 2007)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:16 am 

GH: "Destiny" is superstitious hogwarsh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:18 pm 

Nothing's written in the stars, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:17 pm 

No, the stars are too far away, too far apart, and moving rapidly away from us. It's all a blur to my old eyes and I can't see red shift. Nonetheless, my horoscope has a batting average of 0.002012, so there must be something to it. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:41 am 

Existentialist? Agnostic?

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=georgehaydukelives

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:11 pm 

"your friendly, neighborhood, pseudo-rastafarian, neo-gnostic priest"

theist. it's all god. there is nothing outside of god...or else, there is no god. the very essence of our self reflection is a shadow cast by god. immanent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:40 pm 

Well, just to be sure that you are not harboring contradictions, if there is nothing outside of god then certainly the stars too are god. To say that the alignment of the stars tell us nothing of our destiny or our past is to say that looking at one another, or our own reflections for that matter, tell us nothing of our destiny or our past.

Certainly there are laws of physics and in them destiny is etched, no? What goes up must come down. Energy is neither created nor destroyed. On and on. These laws by themselves determine that certainly we are going somewhere that was written long before we learned what it was to write it. In the mean time we are also editing and checking for grammar and punctuation.

Sitchin has it right. We have a destiny and a fate. You cannot avoid destiny. Take for example the NWO. The evolution of civilization moves along a trajectory that is so mundane it is predictable. First you have the family unit, which becomes a clan, then a tribe, then a chiefdom, then a city, then a city-state, then a nation-state. It is only natural that as we acquire further and further advanced technologies and as our economies become more and more entwined we will eventually see the rise of a one-world government system. I argue that it is already here and the new PR scheme is to get the public to see it. The NWO is the destiny. The shape and form it will take, whether its a communist system headed by a theocratic dictator or a free market capitalistic system headed by pure democratic rule of the brotherhood of man is our decision to make, is our fate. Er, or it was 40 years ago.

Anyway, I digress. Prof, I saw it written somewhere that as opposed to seeing god as the creator of the universe, reality is he is the universe. That's what I think you were saying when you said there is nothing outside of god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:16 am 

"Anyway, I digress. Prof, I saw it written somewhere that as opposed to seeing god as the creator of the universe, reality is he is the universe. That's what I think you were saying when you said there is nothing outside of god."
...that is exactly what i am saying.

"So destiny is written. Fate is the shape and form that our destiny will take and we are writing it as we go. I can dig it. Philosophically it sorta makes sense too, how there are universal imperatives and then instances where offshoots of those imperatives fuse."
...this languaging works well for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:41 pm 

IF the entire Universe IS "God", then He/She/It/Sheit has a severe case of accelerating obesity, with no creation of inner matter. On the instantaneous outer limit of the Universe, does "God" suffer diverticuli???

The 'Nakis forever damned Man by creating an excessively high imagination-to-intelligence ratio. Otherwise, you guys couldn't even entertain - let alone formulate - such speculations. Imagining that you're with Charlize Theron while physically masterbating is one thing. Reality-irrelevant, yet "reverent", mental masturbations are quite another. What goes up must come flaccid! There's a "universal imperative" fer ya! How 'bout an "Earthal imperative" - "Survival of the fittest." And, "Iffen ya ain't fit enuff, go do a lemming." If any great pretense at philosophy had convinced humans, they'da jumped offen sumthin' tall 'n fatal. But, no, we keep listening to our selfish genes telling us to survive 'n multiply! For WHAT??? Other than our self-aggrandizing selves, as "God's greatest creation", do you really think that there is ANY other sentient being ANYwhere in the Universe that would give a tinker's damn if humans were to become extinct???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:22 am 

I've seen no evidence of ANY other sentient being ANYwhere in the Universe that would give a tinker's damn if humans were to become extinct.

Also, I don't recall posting that I believed "God" was sentient, going by the conventional definition of the word "sentient."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:25 am 

So as I was saying: I've seen no evidence of ANY other sentient being ANYwhere in the Universe that would give a tinker's damn if humans were to become extinct.

Also, I don't recall posting that I believed "God" was sentient, going by the conventional definition of the word "sentient."

Edited By Editor on 1190086824

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:06 pm 

Uh....yeah. what "71-1189476540" ...i mean, George, said.
why would the universe "care" more about our extinction than that of the quagga? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/quagga
(i thought you're funny rant deserved a funny response reference!)
i'm not following you, pp. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:45 pm 

Tra: i was trying to use humor to slam some of the foregoing speculations. there is no "creator" or residents of any place in the universe that would care if mankind became extinct. nor would we - at this point - make good slaves, let alone breeding stock to beef up a dwindling species elsewhere. as to the bulk of us, either our superstitions and or our imaginations are out of control and dealing with "issues" that have never been, are now not, and will never be reality.

perhaps i need to go into "ignore mode"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]