It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:00 pm 
Mr. PP.

I believe your analogy is slightly faulty.

If primoridial soup = God, the universe would not necessarily be the decay producs of God. Otherwise, the universe itself would be in a state of decay. This is not entirely true, for as elements of the universe decay, other elements are being created. Thus, the leap to God = dead would not be a logical conclusion. God would be in a continual process of dying and reviving.

When it comes to the universe, I hold two images in my mind.

1. (probably unlikely) Based on the assumption that light (photons) are capable of traveling indefinitely (affected by gravity, for example), I could conceive that these photons could travel far beyond what would be the "limits" of the physical universe, which would mean that the universe is limitless. However, it is more likely that "free" photons would be restricted by gravity and (like Einstein postulated) would not be allowed to travel freely in a straight line but would endlessly be curving around the physical universe.

2. (very speculative) If one could indeed place himself beyond the physical limitations of the universe, what would one "see." Obviously, if one could "see" our universe (which would negate the idea of being beyond the universe because of the properties of photons), would we see a pin-point of light? Would there be other pin-points of light (other universes)?

On the subject of "teaching" humans about the universe, I often find using an analogy of humans traveling to another world and finding sentient life interesting/useful.

Given similar conditions that we hypostulate here on this forum (i.e., humans are longer lived and have a highly sophisticated technology vice the newly discovered sentient beings):

1. What information would we impart to these creatures? Would we want to pass on the truth of the universe as we understand it? Or, would we propagate a story that places the home planet of the creatures as the center of the universe, and we are merely beings from the heavens?

2. Would we propagate the idea that since we are superior to these creatures that they should hold us in awe (akin to worship)?

Altruistically, we moderns would hope that any contact with other sentient beings would be transparent. Unfortunately, our own history demonstrates that we humans will not change. Not only must we dominate our sphere of existence, we must also dominate everything that we come in contact with. Discovering an inferior sentient species will more likely result in dominating and exploiting that inferior species. To what degree and extent of domination and exploitation may be tempered by a number of factors, including "we are not alone."

3. Religion alone is not a demon that thwarts education. China developed an extremely high technology despite its many religions, including what I regard reverence to the Emperor as being a religion.

Under Islam, Moslems had a far more technological edge over Europeans. Islam did not forbid science--until recently.

Our ancient ancestors developed high technology, but they kept such knowledge secret from the masses. ("How else can I keep my reputation as a miracle worker?" -- Scotty, Star Trek) Under the umbrella of religion, technology flourished, and great works were accomplished.

Perhaps the ancients were much "smarter" than we moderns. Knowing human behavior for dominance and exploitation, technology should be kept within secret circles (a kind of religion) and used for the benefit of society as befitting the needs of society. In our modern history, being that technology has been "open" to society as a whole, those individuals bent on dominating and exploiting humankind to the max have misused technology (and ultimately religion) that have continually regressed humankind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:30 am 

Mr. Wallis;
i find agreement with your first image of the universe. i tend to see existence like a human in reflection of self.

"("How else can I keep my reputation as a miracle worker?" -- Scotty, Star Trek)"

i can see the necessity for secrecy of knowledge.

"Knowing human behavior for dominance and exploitation, technology should be kept within secret circles (a kind of religion) and used for the benefit of society as befitting the needs of society."

Questions:

1. Who determines who gets access to the technology?
2. Who determines what benefits society?
3. On what criteria are these determinations based?
4. Would not the people making these decisions be gods?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:01 pm 
Mouton,

Excellent questions!

In my response, I recognize my own fuzzy logic and lapses in memory (educationally speaking)

1. Who determines who gets access to the technology?

I believe Einstein, Tesla, and other great scientists wrestled with his question to no end.

Number one, whoever is funding the research is going to want to have access to the technology.

In ancient Eqypt, for example, (in my opinion), religion held such a high place in the political environment that funding was almost guaranteed (kind of requirement from both the government and the populace). And as the religion held a unique place in tha society, technology would have been far easier to control.

In modern society, it would be near inconceivable for a religion or a technical school to be so secret and yet receive government and/or private funding without having to divulge technical secrets.

2. Who determines what benefits society?

Perhaps in ancient times, the majority of the people were just too busy trying to eek a daily living to give much concern for technology. Whereas in modern society, we have a lot of "free time."

In ancient societies, educational centers were for the brightest (and the richest). Emphasis was not placed on an education for all.

In modern society, education is both a tool and a weapon for rising to the top (both for personal gain and market capture). Competition depends on hiring the technological brightest. Imagine the distrust if one were to rely on some secret school to provide those kind of people.

[Already several fictional plotlines circulate in my head, based on the sharing of business information and strategies within the secret school; the degree of control of the market and even the government by a secret school (or schools)]

Such schools (and the students themselves) would have to be altruistic in thought and deed. Where there is a need, that need should be satisfied.

But then, what would be determined as needs? Would we "need" personal computers? Video games (as they sap free time and human contribution to society as a whole)? Free energy? Better fuel consuming vehicles? And other "niceties" we enjoy today.

I recognize that to allow secret schools to control society would not allow for much of a free society. I would have a hard time conceiving a democracy flourishing under such a system.

Then, too, all nations of the Earth would have to institute similar systems, which is so improbable. Modern society has demonstrated so lucidly that technology available to all creates a powerful superpower.

3. On what criteria are these determinations based?

I may have answered this question above.

4. Would not the people making these decisions be gods?

In ancient times, these students were not revered as gods but as representatives of the gods.

In retrospect, have we not elevated people of technological stature to god-like status with not worshipful reverence but by placing them on pedastals of greatness.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Obviously, the students of technology will be the god-kings of any society controlled by such secret schools.

I, for one, would not like to live in such a society, knowing what I know today, unless I were an initiate of one of those secret schools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:27 am 

Mr. Wallis:
From varying sources, one being this forum, even the Anunnaki taught of one GOD. i believe it to be similar to the Egyptian Mystery System teachings. Sitchin mentions the Egyptian god Thoth working with Sumerians tro complete a temple. Then question then becomes which Anunnaki took credit for creation of it all? Some say Marduk, some say Anu. Also, what could be their relation to the returning gods of the Mayans in 2012? Finally, being that they were all of the same origin (Anunnaki), could their teachings be similar with the difference being who takes credit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:13 pm 
Your reply caused me to chuckle, as I was immediately struck with some similarities with our own modern society.

President So-and-So initiates a program, but it is his predecessor who claims all the credit.

Their chisels were our equivalent of degaussing digital media. A lot of data lost or "conveniently" changed.

I would say, that if we were having this conversation face-to-face, in answer to all of your questions except the 2012 one would be "yes." Without any condescending tone. I feel too much information has been lost and without further discoveries much has to be left to speculation.

Post subject: Re: Yahwe and Ala - identities
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 am 

What you ask is at the end of space or the part that is expanding....?? Nothing.... nothing that is empty space...... I believe that even nothing is something.... as in empty space.... what else could it be...... Remove everything known to mankind and you have black, empty, space.

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2