It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 6 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:57 pm 

Sorry, what i meant there were the Greek and Roman mythologies.

As far as the Sumeian Myths and Enuma Elish and Tiamat, there really is no claim that these events represent witnessed celestial events (quite obviously)...atleast not witnessed by mankind. And I stand by my claim that no one has presented a substantiated, responsible tie of the mythos of Greeks and Romans to witnessed celestial events.

(Edited by Tripp at 12:12 pm on Nov. 14, 2005)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:55 pm 

The AJC, 11/14/05, A9:
"The old ideas on New World origins are based on informed speculation and NOT supported by evidence. Through time and repetition - and in the absence of clear alternatives - the theory becomes DOGMA, and ultimately IDEOLOGY." Dennis Stanford, Smithsonian Institution archaeologist.

"And we didn't look for what we didn't think was there so we didn't find anything earlier." Albert Goodyear, U. of South Carolina archaeologist.

"Did they come by land or sea?" (They TOLD us they came by SKY boats, but let's ignore that in all new theories.)

(Article re human activity 40-50,000 years ago along the Savannah River, "Southern archaeologists revise history", Mike Toner, AJC.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:58 pm 

Correction: "...BECAME dogma, and ultimately ideology."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:42 am 

more... scholars believe, as interpreted in many cuneiform texts and pictograms, that the Sumerians were prone to the art of divination (actually to supertition in general) and their astronomical tables, sometimes extraordinarily precise, were in fact, most of them, astrological in nature, at least an early stage of astrology. in them, the planets were seen as gods who would influence men's destiny on Earth. some texts are regarded as poems and charms used to cast magical spells, in them the gods are again the planets who revolve around and influence men's lifes. though i wonder how a people with such a mathematical knowlledge and a keen interest for astronomy, which had them recording the motions of the celestial objects with such precision, could really come up with such nonsense. again i ask myself, are we reading them right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:50 am 

Quote:
Quote: from Tripp on 12:41 am on Nov. 15, 2005
Outcast

Again, i am referring to the Greek and Roman mythologies. I am not sure to what mythologies you're referring to beyond "not Sitchin". However it is pretty strongly documented that these Greek and Roman mythologies made no tie,. however feint, or direct association to the planets until much later in the culture and this would have been far past any historic time period to which Velikovsky made his references.

im not very familiar with Greek and Roman mythologies. but, are you sure that the Roman gods are not identified with the planets? i could be wrong but i have the idea that such association exists, unless its a later thing as you say.

im really trying to get away from the subject of Velikovsky (sp?)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:03 am 

1. In Alaska...This muck is a frozen mass of animals and trees...extinct animals such as the mammoth, mastadon, super-bison, and horse...perished in rather recent times...at the end of the Ice Age or early post-glacial times...together with...animals of species still surviving...millions and millions of animals were torn limb from limb...deposited under catastrophic conditions...dismembered and disarticulated...portions of ligaments, skin, hair, and flesh...a stupendous wave that lifted and carried and smashed and tore and buried millions of bodies and millions of trees...a techtonic revolution of the earth's crust...stone artifacts frozen in situ at great depths...men were contemporary with extinct animals...100 or more feet below the surface...date from a time not many thousand years ago.

2. Siberia...no tree grows...tuskd of the mammoth...bodies---appearance of freshly frozen beef; it was edible, and wolves and sled dogs fed on it without harm...frozen sice the day of their entombment...absolutely necessary that the bodies were frozen up IMMEDIATELY...were never once thawed...abounded in mammoths' bones...required HUGE quantities of vegetable food EVERY day in the year. Georges Cuvier...paleontologist...in a vast catastrophe of continental dimensions, the sea overwhelmed the land...accompanied by a PRECIPITOUS drop in temperature...even the eyeballs were still preserved... J.D.Dana...geologist...the perfect preservation of the flesh shows that the cold finally became SUDDENLY extreme...no relenting... In the stomachs and between the teeth of the mammoths were found plants and grasses that do NOT grow now in northern Siberia...undigested food...red blood corpuscles, which was a proof of not only sudden death, but that the death was due to suffocation either by gases or water...What could have caused a SUDDEN change in the temperature...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:53 pm 

by the way, allthough every scholar will try to convince you that the translation process is scientific and can only be done by "experts", that is not necessarily true. there is plenty of speculation!! and if we remember that many ancient languages had their mysteries unraveled by amateurs. i consider Sitchin just an interested amateur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:20 pm 

sorry to stay in the realm of the personal, but...
Mr.PP: i was ThaRev at the Cafe. i don't know what AN is?
for the most part, i am good with ZS's ability to translate sumerian and it seems that he does give himself some wiggle room by offering various meanings for words or phrases. that said, he does a superb job of connecting variant meanings for an array of words or phrases that cross justify the thematic meanings he chooses....like the space themed translations he uses in 12th Planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:54 am 

I would have to say I agree with you outcast, good point indeed.

Eyajwhynsos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:26 pm 

i seem to have forgotten that the volume of the moon and the volume of the pacific ocean are the same...hmmmmm
[url=http://www.moonphases.info/

(i'll]http://www.moonphases.info/

(i'll[/url] be inserting this interesting tidbit in the threads where the moon shows up. so feel free to inore it if you see it again. or don't.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:36 am 

there is an interesting work by a german mathematician called Neugebauer, he took an interest in the writings of the Babylonians. many cuneiform tablets which the mainstream translators thought were mainly unintelligible gibberish were in fact, when seen by a knowledgeable eye, complex and sophisticated mathematical formulas, table-based systems of arithmetic, reference tables for fractional and angle calculations, quadratic equations and even the pythagorian theorem. i regard much of Sitchin's work in the same way as Neugebauer's, has a tentative effort into piercing the mainstream's mythologic, and sometimes even idiotic, based view of ancient texts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:07 am 

If it doesn't fit in with someone's worldview, it must be wrong. If I get all my money by supporting the current establishment line of thought, I certainly won't entertain anything that remotely criticizes or disagrees with it.

There is no water on Mars. How long did we hear that mantra when those of us who had eyes, could see the evidence for ourselves? Sumer is the same. All those ancients, liars, putting things on clay that were clearly delusional. What a bunch of jokers. What will someone think after we blow ourselves up, 5000 years from now, and they find a quarter with the moon landing on it? Silly Americans, delusional. The truth is very hard to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:54 am 
Site Admin

Many of the posts in this thread were deleted due to personal rock throwing, etc.... All posts found to be making personal attacks or responding will be deleted and those initiating such will be banned. Enough is enough is enough.

Editor

Edited By Editor on 1189788237

Page 6 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6