It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:39 am 

Hello.

I have just purchased the 12th Planet as all this sounds very interesting to me.

I have a question though, and I guess you have heard it before. But, how did these natives survive on Nibiru? Surely the sun would never have warmed up the planet? And what about photosynthesis?

Basically, would not the planet be a barren lifeless iceball?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:00 pm 

Howdy, Mr. Jones! Here are a couple (few) of links to check out that suggest how life could develop with out ANY sunlight, and instances where it has.
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/summary/292/5524/2026
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin....1J1.DTL
http://pubs.acs.org/cen/news/83/i26/8326notw3.html this one is even titled "Life Without Sun"

there has also been a theory floated out there that nuclear reactions within a planetary body could generate sufficient energy to stimulate life...& if that's the case, then they'd probably be pretty hearty critters.
I enjoyed "12th Planet", but "Wars of Gods and Men" and "Lost Realms" I enjoyed more.
When you are ready to visit more about this subject, be prepared for some heavy anti-sitchin fire from some folks. I'm sure sitchin isn't dead on about everything, but some people paint him as a malicious liar, and THAT i don't believe at all. everyone has a viewpoint and a sphincter (or two), though. good luck and enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:14 pm 

Thank you for your reply, and those links are bookmarked. I'm not too worried about stinging criticism. I am a Christian, and have therefore developed a somewhat hard chitinous like skin over the past 20 years :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:31 am 

Does Mr Sitchin tie all this in with 2012?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:48 am 

from what i've seen, he actively avoids giving a date. some others out there have done some calculations using some things in sitchins' books, but many use their results to say, "Sitchin says......" ....which he doesn't. THEY do. I eagerly await 2012. it will be something. don't know what, but something. perhaps another great year! perhaps a transition to ...something we don't even have the conceptual context to truly discuss. (of course, i eagerly await 9:49am 03/08/07!!! ...OH! THERE IT IS! SUPER!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:36 pm 

Was wondering, do these otherworld visitors offer anything like immortality, eternal life?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:44 pm 

sorry didn't respond sooner.
some folks credit them with life-extension through the manufacture and use of mono-atomic gold, which some also say is "manna" (or is that "mana"?). i don't know of any current evidence supporting the use of the substance, but i know there people out there better versed in the subject.
...and i know that others on this board might read this post and immediately assume that i am a proponent of this theory. whatever.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]