It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 6:32 am 

Dr. Sitchin's view is that the long life spans are due to the 3600 year orbit of the twelfth planet but I fail to see any real logic in that. I understand biorhythms but I feel it is much more likely that the Annunaki learned to extend their lifespan using acquired genetic manipulation knowledge. If that is so, then even if the "Adams" had earth-like life spans, and then bred with the Annunaki as Sitchin says, the resulting "half breeds" would likely inherit life span "genes" that would at least be comparable to those attributed to many people in the Old Testament. As the genes continued to be diluted over the years life spans would shorten as more and more "Adam" type genes became dominant.

(Edited by Star Gazer at 5:59 am on Nov. 7, 2001)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:03 am 

Hi!
I am a new Sitchin reader, tho have read zillions of stuff searching for our ancient origins over the years. dont know how I missed Sitchin until now. I've read his first 8 books in the order they were published..find them absolutely believable, but have some questions to clarify still..and the long age explaination he gave was not really satisfying..until I read the Dark Star theory...which I am still trying to digest. Now, I am not a scientist, or physicist(or speller) but I expect aging to be a product of time, and as far as I know, time is relative to speed? i expect that the annunaki were long lived because their planet (whether it orbits a dark star or not) must travel at an amazing speed to traverse the distances in 3600 of our years. I suspect that they had developed a resistance (doubt I could back that up scientifically) to aging, but once on earth they did age faster than on Nibiru. And I am in agreement with the longer lives attributed to people in the Bible were directly related to their Annunaki forefathers. Once Enlil cracked down on the intermarriage, the long lives shrunk with each generation. does any of this make sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 7:50 pm 

(Hey Dorothy) - :)

Hi Stargazer,

Re: Long life

Without scientific research on this subject, an answer remains impossible, as we know less about time than we do about magnetics, or anything else.

The only possible clue here from my own experiences, is a small mention a long time ago, about a test using two atomic clocks.

One clock was taken to the highest altitude possible and kept there a while. When returned to the earth, the airborn atomic clock was running a very, very tiny bit slow.

The conclusion was that gravity, or nearness to large quantities of matter, caused time to speed up.

While the clocks were both still inside the sun's gravity well, the earth's gravitic attraction on the one clock was reduced to as near zero G as normal high-altitude airplanes could get, and proved to have lost time.

Nibiru spends more than half its time so far from the sun as to be literally spacebound, so it is extremely far from the solar gravity well's greatest influence for the most part. It is possible that this greater distance from the sun could make time there slower than here on the earth near the sun.

Again, without assistance from science, much of this will remain speculation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:12 pm 

Hi Stargazer,

You wrote:

...that the Annunaki learned to extend their lifespan using acquired genetic manipulation knowledge.

===

While I do think that the distance from the sun has some bearing on their longevity, I also feel that for the nonce - until science stops making better bombs and better bugsprays and gets back to investigating the unknown - those of us trying to comprehend this new outlook should assume that indeed, the Anunnaki have achieved near-immortality via technology.

Since we have no grasp of what time might really be anyway, speculation in that direction cannot be very fruitful methinks.

Whenever I think about the time problem, my mind jumps to the old LP type record - points along a straight line drawn from the center of the record to the edge of the record all move around the center in the same time, but as you go farther out from the center, each point moves faster to achieve the same total distance - one orbit - in the same time.

I know its not the correct physics and so my brain just shuts down when I speculate too long in this direction. :)

On the other hand, we ourselves, are at that stage in evolution where we can comprehend a scientific and technological end to the aging process, and we can admit that having had space flight and cloning 300,000 years ago, it is likelier that they simply solved the physical problems of life extension through research, as we plan to do.

Otherwise, the impossibility of offering technical/clinical answers to time-space related questions will make this path of inquiry quite pointless, methinks, save for esoteric entertainment.

Suffice it to say that we believe the Anunnaki are either immortal, or near immortal, because the records state the same ones appeared on earth repeatedly for many thousands of millenia. It would appear that there is no question to their individual longevity, only in how they became that way.

Whether it be using cloned replacement bodies, a affect of time-space related physics, drugs, mental disciplines, genetic surgery... we may never know.

Just a thought. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 6:00 am 

This may be a waste of time and energy I guess, but my clue indicating that genetics may have at least some part in the longevity is based on the part where I mentioned that early Bible figures are said to have had long lives and that it seems that longevity gradually lessened during succeeding generations. The "pedigree" became more and more watered down resulting in less percentage of true Annunaki strain in each individual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 9:26 am 

Hey GEM!
Glad to see you here..
I accept the DNA manipulation thing...but it nags at me that the Annunaki seemed to age on earth...Ninharsag became referred to as an old cow? And where is Enlil and Enki now if they are immortal.
Started re-reading Wars of God and Men last night ..it's funny what pops up the 2nd time around..how the Greeks said their gods led men in to war in order to reduce the human population. Do you remember that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:29 pm 

Hi Stargazer,

You wrote:

This may be a waste of time and energy I guess, but my clue indicating that genetics may have at least some part in the longevity is based on the part where I mentioned that early Bible figures are said to have had long lives and that it seems that longevity gradually lessened during succeeding generations. The "pedigree" became more and more watered down resulting in less percentage of true Annunaki strain in each individual.

GEM:

To begin with, speculation is in my opinion, never a waste of time and speculation on this particular topic is a public necessity.

My take on the loss of humanity's lifespan follows the toxification of earth in the attempted elimination of mankind by Enlil. The plagues and famines and horrors visited upon humanity by Enlil's agents prior to the Deluge was in my opinion, biological warfare. This is where our inimical viri and pathogens originated.

When the flood finally did Enlil's work for him and wiped out mankind, we were almost immediately recreated from the genetic material Ziusudra stole and hoarded on board the ark; probably in order to clean up the mess and rebuild the Anunnaki cities in Egypt.

However, most of the pathogens, which the Anunnaki are obviously immune to, remained alive and well on earth.

I think that Enki was forced to remake humanity with a built-in self destruct clause in its genes, most pprobably a dysfunctional thymus gland, such that its immune system would only contain that which was passed down through it progenitors, instead of building its own immunities on the fly. The Thymus gland deteriorates and atrophies within a year of birth in most cases.

Since medical science ignores this organ almost completely, I must assume it thus has special importance which might be detrimental to the income of the medical profession, as a whole, if rendered common knowledge. :)

Humanity's lowered immune system coupled with the toxic earth, is in my opinion, the cause of human life-spans dropping from 1000 years to 100 years.

We are far less a threat this way. Looked at in one way, it means humanity never quite reaches full adolescence, dying long before the age of 100, the equivalent of dying before age ten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:44 pm 

Hi Dorothy,

You wrote:

Glad to see you here..

GEM:

I am hoping that this forum works.

I have closed down access to Montster's Sitchin Forum.

I am far more suited to participating in these discussions than I am to running a discussion baord. :)

If this place fills the need, I will dismantle the forum altogether.

===

You wrote:

I accept the DNA manipulation thing...but it nags at me that the Annunaki seemed to age on earth...Ninharsag became referred to as an old cow? And where is Enlil and Enki now if they are immortal.

GEM:

This is where the conundrum of their longevity and the possibility that time is not the same for everyone comes into question. It is in fact one of the reasons I still suspect that time does indeed change with gravity, or nearness to large masses of matter.

When the anunnaki were on earth, I think they aged at our speed, or at least, at a much faster rate than they do on Nibiru.

===

You wrote:

Started re-reading Wars of God and Men last night ..it's funny what pops up the 2nd time around..how the Greeks said their gods led men in to war in order to reduce the human population. Do you remember that?

GEM:

It is my favourite. As a military brat, my interest in war and why was paramount. Reading the Wars of Gods and Men, literally made human history and human interactions transparent and readable.

When you understand the actual why behind a creature's actions, it is far more difficult to hold it against them and far, far easier to avoid the triggers that cause the actions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 6:10 am 

I remember that Nibiru was called by people back in the day "the planet of a million years". In other words, a place where a person could live a very long time. To the Naki, it is their home and who knows how many sars, which are what Naki call their years, they live. One sar is equal to 3,600 of OUR years. People called the Naki "gods" because they did wonderous things that they could not do. If a Naki came down to Earth today, they would find out real quick that we will not fall down on our faces worshiping them. For we have done many of the things they did in "The 12th Planet" if not all of them. We might even be called their equals. I wonder how they would react to that! Let's be friends with the Naki, not enemies. If they come back and demand obiedence to them, I would say, forget that Naki. Let's be peaceful to each other ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:09 pm 

Hi NorthwestGuy,

You wrote:

Let's be peaceful to each other ok?

GEM:

Two small points.

1. I doubt the Naki ever speak to anything less than a king or a priest, or somebody in charge. Methinks common humanity is about as cuddlesome to them as our primates on earth are to us. Some people like monkeys, some people don't. A commoner speaking without permission in the presence of a Naki might just indicate to the Naki that a little public smiting needs be undertaken, upon that commoner.

2. I doubt whether anyone with that kind of attitude will be among the humans allowed to try and speak to the Naki, should they drop in for a visit.

Sadly, when two peoples meet, its their political and religious leaders who do the talking. No wonder earth has been at war since day one. :)

I have this really bad feeling that our nature is EXACTLY the same as their nature - greedy and ruthless opportunists, whose primary talents include deceipt, destruction, coercion, and a high level of efficiency in extracting short term profits and ignoring long-term solutions in favour of profiteering from the problems.

I think their extra millions of years and natural evolution has simply made them refine their attributes to a sharper focus. As such, their world would be a one-man monarchy, over a basic global fuedal civilization, with little dukes and duchesses holding court in arrogant decadance, while the peasant class and machine class and worker classes made it all possible, without complaining. Global Fascism, genetically refined.

This reflects far too closely the sort of world seen by the korporate mentality here on earth as utopia, for my comfort. I do not hold a lot of hope for a 'treaty' of peaceful intent between either our makers and us, or our leaders and us.

GEM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:42 pm 
Nothwest Guy,

Greetings! Some interesting commentary you make. You're obviously very thoughtful. I love your dialogue with Tripp.
Well, I never heard of Nibiru being named the "planet of a million years", although it might have been. I do, however, know that the Egyptians called it "the planet of millions of years". I seem to recall a "boat of millions of years", too (referring to the starship of one of the Annunaki). Since we must always assume that ancient cultures derived every drop of their knowledge from what the Annunaki directly taught them, then this "millions of years" concept must be describing a real facet of life on Nibiru, which was almost assuredly a brown dwarf star encircled by seven moons.
Notice that the planet is what is referred to, not the beings themselves. This would imply that Nibiru itself, through its nature, bestowed long life upon its inhabitants. Indeed, the Annunaki were described as aging faster on the Earth than on Nibiru.
However, it is also attested that the Annunaki drank "elixirs" to counteract this aging process. These "elixirs" would be a logical forerunner to the legend of the Fountain of Youth. So it would seem that there was a mixture of nature and invention that went into perpetuating the incredible lifespans of the Nibiruans.
As far as us being the "equals" of the Annunaki...I cannot agree with that. We have not done the things they've done; we've done a few of them, and we have proven to ourselves that we can eventually duplicate them. But for the nonce, no we haven't. Furthermore, the Annunaki had a holistic culture, not a splintered, fragmentary one like we have on our planet in this day and age. "Holy" means "that which is not fragmented, sub-divided, or splintered". It is part of technological advancement that culture does not pit creativity vs. intellect or spirituality vs. science. Believe it or not, it is actually a culture with an aristocracy--not a republic and certainly not a democracy--which is best at maintaining "holiness". Hence, the Annunaki bestowed kingship, not republicanism.
Although it is true that we know enough--or should--so that we wouldn't fall on our faces and worship before the imperfect Annunaki anymore, we still are not their equals. Besides, they are most likely still advancing, too.

(Edited by Brant at 11:45 am on Feb. 15, 2002)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:51 am 

I don't believe we can come close to approaching their intellect until we find a way to unlock and use the other 9/10's of our brain (power).... They supposedly engineered us so we would lack that ability and thus not be much of a threat to them. Medical Scientest have long agreed that we do not use but one tenth of our brains. Sometimes I believe I operate at considerably less myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:33 pm 

Back to the age thing...

Hello, I'm new here and just recently started reading the Earth Chronicles. I'm on book 4 and completely hooked. Assuming the translations of cunieform by Sitchin are accurate, and here I have to make a leap of faith until I can decipher them myself, I truly believe I have finally found the truth about our past.

I'm not convinced about the gravity/time/age thing. While it's true that an atomic clock will operate more slowly at a higher elevation or speed than a grounded clock, all it is measuring is the vibrations of an atom (cesium?). It doesn't really measure time. The atom simply vibrates slower at a high altitude/speed than when it is stationary at ground level. We say a second equals 1,000,000 vibrations of this atom (I'm making up the number). If it takes longer than a second to vibrate 1,000,000 times, it doesn't necessarily mean that time slowed down. It just means the atom's vibrations slowed down.

As far as I recall, aging is caused by the breakdown of cellular functions over time.

This breakdown can be brought about by mutations in the dna of a cell that cause it to stop doing whatever its function was (or maybe do it less efficiently). As that cell reproduces, it creates more "lazy" cells. These mutations can be accelerated with radiation, which is why a sun-bather's skin would age more rapidly than someone who stays in the shade. The particles emitted by radiation penetrate the cell wall and knock an electron or two out of whack within the DNA, changing its structure. If damaged enough, that DNA could start behaving differently than normal DNA, and when it reproduces, it will make more copies of itself in its present lazy form. Over time, our organs don't regenerate fast enough, start working less efficiently, and eventually stop. Sound reasonable so far?

I then have two theories why the Anunnaki have such long life spans:

A. The distance their orbit takes them away from our sun reduces the amount of radiation the planet recieves, slowing down the aging process.

B. Somehow their cell structure prevents or greatly reduces DNA mutations.

I lean towards B, but it could be a combination of these and some other factors. The repeated references to the "Tree of Life" could be a substance they ingest to aid in B, that may occur naturally on their own planet or something they invented and produce. They may also have some natural resistance to radiation in their cells, like cockroaches.

The problem I have with A is that I have to believe that the Anunnaki require some sort of heat to survive, since they are so similar to us. At the vast distances they travel from our sun, they would need to get warmth from the internal heat of their planet (high radiation), or by orbiting very close to a brown dwarf (as in the dark star theory). Either way, there's lots of direct radiation. So I have to think that they are naturally resistant to radiation, and perhaps have engineered something to help that resistance even further.

Hope to hear all your opinions!

HankSolo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:39 pm 

Concerning aging

The real problem with theories of Anunnaki aging, is that it is always based on human aging.

Since we are considering here the fact that humnaity itself was created and genetically manipulated, it seems rather counterproductive to use human aging as the base for comparison.

Our own genetics have been shown to be anything but straight forward and may have been so manipulated that most of what we take for granted as being normal to life, is in fact, specific to humanity's environment alone.

In other words, if the Anunnaki have altered human genes to the extent we are discovering today, then human aging may be something entirely 'manufactured' and unique to the planet earth, and would therefor be the worst comparison model for theories concerning the aging of the Anunnaki.

GEM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:15 pm 

I understand and agree with your point that we should not base our assumptions based on how we know things on Earth. I'm theorizing how life developed on Nibiru and how it's different than Earth.

Just about everything ages on Earth, not just humans. From an ant to a whale, everything ages, decays and eventually dies. Unless the Anunnaki engineered every life form on earth, I doubt it is an engineered trait. It is natural to our planet.

Since life on Nibiru and Earth both came from the same seed, and we are so close to the Anunnaki genetically that we can interbreed, I would think that most body processes will be similar. Natural selection would favor a longer life span (if it's accompanied by a longer breeding span). If human-type life started on Nibiru first, it's possible that natural selection would eventually produce a life-span like the Anunnaki. Eventually, if nature is allowed to take its course, we may even achieve those life spans naturally.

I believe that humans who were demi-gods, and their direct descendants had the long life-spans detailed in the bible, because they inherited some of the "aging protection" from the Anunnaki. Those genes gradually dissipated as the demi-gods mingled with humans more and more.

I'm just providing a theory on the question of why the Anunnaki lived so long. If aging (as we know it) is caused by cell failure, and cell failure is caused by DNA mutation, then perhaps the Anunnaki had protection against DNA mutation. Is DNA mutation accelerated by radiation? If DNA were to be immune to radiation, what would be the natural rate of mutation? Could it be slow enough to account for life spans of thousands or hundred's of thousands of years?

The Anunnaki did seem to be able to play with nuclear reactors, nuclear weapons, with little trouble. Heck, they even glowed, right?!? Did any gods die as a result of the fallout from Sodom or Genorrah? It seemed to me that they have some sort of immunity to radiation, and this may be how they achieve their life-spans, and perhaps that is the trait they withheld from homo-sapiens when they engineered us. Just a theory.

Another option I've thought about is, what if the Anunnaki hibernate? Is there any data on this? Like bacteria than can freeze for thousands or millions of years and then revive and breed before freezing again. This seems to address a few questions:

1. How they survive in the coldness of the outer parts of their orbit (and thaw as they approach the sun)
2. Their seeming immortality
3. Why they seem to appear/disappear in cycles (why do they need to wait until their planet is close to Earth? Shouldn't their technology by now allow them to make the trip whenever they want?)
4. Why human civilizations withered and sometimes disappeared between visits of Nibiru (where were the gods between these visits? And why did they only seem to grant advances every 3600 years?)

Hibernation does make some sense (although I wonder how an advanced civilization can develop if they're sleeping all the time!), and I'm wondering if this has been discussed or written about.

Page 1 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next