It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:22 am 
I can give you a second-hand experience of substenance-absence in the Native American version of going on a vision quest.

It is a kind of meditation, and as the body is "physically starved," the brain does start to hallucinate. Yet, to the vision-quest individual, it feels very real.

Now, for a personal testimony: When I went through survival school as a POW, I spent (I don't know: six to eight hours) time in a box approximately five feet wide, five feet long, and maybe six feet high with a bag over my head. Boy! Did I hallucinate. I "met" everyone I knew in high school and college. We'd "sit down" and had some really interesting converstations. I put "sit down" in quotes, because I was not allowed to sit down physically. When we "POWs" talked about our experiences--most did not want to; I suspect they were embarrassed--one of the striking similarities is that we all imagined that there were shelves in our little cubicles. One guy tried to put his small jug of water on one of these "shelves" and spilled it all over his cubicle. The guard beat him and made him clean up the water with his shirt.

When I can get a good meditation session going, I have some interesting experiences whereby thought becomes clearer. No. I don't hear voices (like the Son of Sam claimed). Often times I imagine that I am talking with someone, usually someone I knew in my youth. It just seems that the benefit of such an experience is that "things" just become clearer. Like, when you are really pissed off at something or someone, suddenly "reasons" that make sense make themselves "aware," and the impetus for the anger dissipate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:49 am 

Quote:
Quote: from MrPP on 7:28 pm on Sep. 29, 2005
Are these other "experiences" similarly "substance induced"??? JUST a question!

no, not necessarily. actualy, the most interesting aspects of the Vedic experiences, assuming they're real as the Vedas themselfs thought them to be, is the descriptions of the "Celestial's" aerial chariots and their abbility to exist and travel in paralel universes/realities. great distances were traversed in an instant with the power of thought alone, for example, and the technologies employed by these machines took advantage of what some recognize as paralel dimensions or the spiritual realm. this is the obvious answer to the problem often brought fourth by the skeptics, the problem of traversing great distances is easily overcome when we utilize the Vedic philosophy and understanding of the Universe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:51 am 

Well, guys, I haven't tried it, so I can't knock it. And since seeing is believing... just label me a Doubting Thomas.

One thought, tho. My impression is that the most "successful" POWs in 'Nam were those who did not allow their imaginations to run wild during their captivity, but stayed focused on reality.

Actually, my fave theory as to how the Universe came into being says that another equal-but-of-opposite-charge, "parallel" Universe (which we cannot sense) must exist. While it sounds illogical, perhaps the speed of "anti-light" is not a limitation in that "other U."???

Ah, well, one of those "truths" that I'll croak without knowing. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:47 am 

Remember, we are ALL part of ALL so we DO have the ability to access information/power beyond our conscious understanding. Why not? How much of the brain is actually used by the conscious verses the subconscious? The practice of "Fasting", withholding the body from physical pleasure/neccesity is to require the body to use more of its brain functions, therefore allowing deeper insight into what is already within. Have been as close to starvation as imaginable i remember the clarity that came after the hallucinations. Common sense is the closest thing i can come to in describing the thoughts that passed through my mind. i came to see that what we describe as spiritual experiences are merely awakenings/rebirths of knowledge and attitude/aptitude. Information that lay dormant in the dusty places of the mind until forced to the front by the body's plea for help/nourishment. As Ghandi once said; "To a starving man, food is god." Once my mind went past the thought of needing food i began to see how much is really in my own mind. Very scary(in a sense) because i was able to see my own true potential, as well as the potential of life itself.

Let me put it this way...
Just as all new technology was once considered magic, so now, the spirit. Simply because we have yet to define its origin we reject it. Instead of rejecting the idea of a spirit for lack of proof, seek to prove its existence. First, in yourself. Meditation and isolation are simply keys to help free the mind from distracting thoughts, allowing the mind to follow a train of thought from beginning to resolution, naturally and at its own pace. Hunger is, indeed, a great teacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:56 am 

Agnostic,
i hope you remember the recent posts on RNAi. This is but one possible way for you to see how the body was designed to heal itself, even on the subconcious/microscopic level. With that in mind; "Physician, heal thyself." {smile} As for the making you wealthy, if you can find a group of people consciously willing to use their energy to make you wealthy please tell me their names also. Why not share the wealth. The human brain is the most powerful known entity in creation but, we have yet to tap into its full potential. Why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:35 pm 

and again with the moon...
i seem to have forgotten that the volume of the moon and the volume of the pacific ocean are the same...hmmmmm
http://www.moonphases.info/

(i'll be inserting this interesting tidbit in the threads where the moon shows up. so feel free to inore it if you see it again. or don't.)

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4