It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:52 pm 

Hello, According to Sitchin, who is the god of the Israelite,islam etc?
Enki?
Enlil?
Who??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:11 am 

That's a tough question. I think they all were, but monotheistic religions bundled them up into one person.
Enki was referred to the Lord, Our Father (since he created us, and was the father of Adapa/Adam). But there appears to have been an Anunnaki named Yahweh, who is also mentioned as the "one" god in the bible, and he defended the Israelites when their city was under seige. The books so far didn't go into much further detail on him, unless I'm missing something. I'm sure Enlil figured in there somewhere too. As did Marduk and several others...

Perhaps someone has a good listing of who was who?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:16 am 

Anu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:40 am 

Personally, after I've read 12th Planet, I assume Enki is the One. He is homo sapien's creator and the dearest to us. The One who Lamech praised and Noah did subsequently. The others are definately diving beings but as far as a single definitive deity... I conclude (so far) that it's Enki. He also the one who masterminded giving us "spirit"s. He seems like a good guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:43 am 

According to The Cosmic Code, "the one" is the Moon God, Nannar/Sin, who also is suggested to be Alá , muslins' god.
Other issue not yet clarified to me was Akhenathon's worship to one only god, who led to a revolution and restauration of Amon/Ra/Marduk at the highest place of the egiptian pantheon.
Does anyone knows the answer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:16 am 

Wasnt it marduk? didnt he take over earth and every text was changed to suit him..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:00 am 

I'm not sure that there was only 1 God of Israel. The Book of Genesis is thought be scholars to be basically an amalgam of two sources, which they call J and E; for one calls God "Jahweh" and the other calls him "El" or "Elohim" (which is a plural!). Also, compare the descriptions of "God" in Genesis with the descriptions of him (her?) in Exodus, where he is a much more frightening, almost monstrous, being.

My guess is that Enki would correspond with the God of Genesis, or 1 of them; I haven't yet figured out which one was the God of Moses, but possibly Sin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:00 am 

Hi guys I'm new here. Anyway, here's my view after I read Genesis Revisted and the 12th Planet.

The Yahweh (Almighty God) in the Bible I strongly believe is Enlil because he's the disciplinarian who was always preaching don't do this and don't do that otherwise we will be punished. He was Yahweh in the Garden of Eden, the one who said he'll punish mankind by a flood in Noah's time, the one who purposedly brought destruction to Sodom and Gomorrah, and he's definitely the one who gave Moses the 10 commandments up on Mt. Sinai. These acts all fit Enlil's personality very well. Besides, the Sinai peninsula was Enlil's territory, not Enki's.

In contrast, Enki was portrayed as Satan or Serpent in the Bible because his emblem was entwined serpents, the symbol of medicine. He wanted Adam and Eve to eat the apple (whatever it is) so they would gain knowledge and other genetic benefits. He was also the one who saved Noah and the people in the ark.

Though technically, Enki created mankind, he did NOT receive credit for it. Somebody in history (most likely Enlil) has done a good job in telling lies about Enki, that he's a demon who lives in hell etc. Poor Enki. I think he's still alive in Nibiru who will return someday. I hope he comes back so he can clear his name.

Thus I conclude, the Almighty God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam is actually Enlil! He's a vengeful person who doesn't care much about Earthlings, because he did not create us. Enki did.

(Edited by richard0219 at 9:01 pm on Feb. 24, 2005)

(Edited by richard0219 at 9:03 pm on Feb. 24, 2005)

(Edited by richard0219 at 9:05 pm on Feb. 24, 2005)

(Edited by richard0219 at 9:06 pm on Feb. 24, 2005)

(Edited by richard0219 at 9:09 pm on Feb. 24, 2005)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:44 pm 

After having read all the Chronicles, I reached the same conclusion, or maybe it's mentionned somewhere.All the other posts are quite old now, Richard, and if I remember exactly, it was in "Genesis Revisited", which was maybe not published yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:46 am 

The point is that there is no one true God. If you want to draw parallels, that it must necessarily be Anu.

Imagine you're a superior specie, and you decide to use religion to control an inferior specie. First you call yourself "gods", and all of you - the elite anyway - are named and treated as "gods" by the inferiors ... enter Sumer, Egypt, Greece, Rome, etc. Let's not forget the Aztecs, Maya, Inca, etc.

That doesn't quite work, OR, it's now time for you to take more of a backseat in the manipulation of human events. You can no longer afford to be out in front of everything, the human population is getting to big to handle by way of religious thought control. It's now time to implement an institution, rather that govern directly.

Make up a one true "God", and let the institutions do the work for you, while you work from behind the scenes.

The one true "God" is nothing more than a fabrication, an allusion the the pre-existing hierarchical system.

There's your answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:42 pm 

Sitchin doesn't say expressly who the god of the Israelites was in so many words. As a matter of fact, he steers away from the most logically internally consistent choice. I have my own hunch why this is so, but I'd rather not say. Enlil matches best, imo. He's the one who wanted the flood kept hush-hush from the human population. He also bitched and moaned when he found that Enki allowed Noah (Utna-pishtum, Atra-Hasis, etc.) to survive with his family. Enki patched things up with his brother by mentioning the fact that now the Anunnaki would have help rebuilding the destroyed settlements and also have their servants back. This is when Enlil gave the surviving humans His blessing. Remember, it was the Hebrew God Yahweh who also blessed the surviving humans (Noah and his family) by simply stating that He would no longer curse the earth for man's sake since man's heart was evil from his youth. Too bad Yahweh didn't have this change of heart before destroying the earthlings. Really bad PR, imo! The irony in this whole thing is that if the above is true, then the Christians have been praying to the Devil for the last 2000 years. What a mess... --JWS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:49 am 

Quote:
Quote: from onexlife on 1:40 am on Dec. 22, 2002
Personally, after I've read 12th Planet, I assume Enki is the One. He is homo sapien's creator and the dearest to us. The One who Lamech praised and Noah did subsequently. The others are definately diving beings but as far as a single definitive deity... I conclude (so far) that it's Enki. He also the one who masterminded giving us "spirit"s. He seems like a good guy.

Can you enlighten me on the statement that Enki masterminded giving us "spirits"? Define spirits please.

(Edited by Bobbi Jo at 1:36 pm on April 28, 2005)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:15 pm 

(Edited by Bobbi Jo at 1:37 pm on April 28, 2005)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:58 pm 

(Edited by Bobbi Jo at 1:38 pm on April 28, 2005)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:56 am 

It should be noted when the "Devil" is first mentioned in the Bible. I'm not so sure Satan and Lucifer were always refered to as a "Devil". That may just be a New Testament thing and it is important to note that. The Old Testament and New Testament are very different sources with very different purposes.

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next