It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 10 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:36 am 

WALLIS: Yet? Was this on my homework assignment for the last semester? I'm way behind on my reading, working on '73 and '86 El Caminos, two '67 Mustangs, and mentoring my son's Eagle Scout project (erosion control dams at Fernbank Forest). I'm about a third thru "Tipping Point" and have three more awaiting. What's the relevance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:58 am 
When you wrote "mass amnesia," this book, one of two or three of its kind that sits in my library, popped into mind. Barbara mentions that mankind has conveniently "forgotten" the near extinction that occurred 12,000 years ago.

Of course, her follow-on premise is that such a thing will never happen again, which, to me, is the biggest negative of her otherwise interesting book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:13 pm 

WALLIS: We have "forgotten" the more than half dozen creations of Man since 300,000 years ago, the abandonment by our "loving" alien creators-slavemasters, and two passes thru the tail of a comet raining burning sulfur, bitumen, petroleum, and other hydrocarbons like "manna" only 3,500 years ago - why the Hell should we remember a near-extinction of 12,000 years ago???

Many native peoples still pray every 50 years that ex-comet Venus stay in it's present orbit - which it should, as it has since Niburu left the Solar System. Mankind will likely self-extinct by it's own devices long before a meandering body strikes Earth, so I tend to agree with her. The absence of ANY myths about a massive body hitting Earth 12,000 years ago makes me suspect the supposedly scientific date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:38 pm 

If Nibiru is approaching and affecting our planet, it should also be affecting Venus and Mars and differentially. All of this is easily subjected to analysis, or should be. Is anyone reporting changes on our neighbor planets that might relate to Nibiru's approach?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:08 am 

SOE: After Niburu's major gravitational encounter with Jupiter about 3,600 years ago, its altered orbit and inertia carried it permanently out of the Solar System, out of the gravitational control of our Sun. As it had been previously ejected from it's original star system and drifted into our Solar System, it is far on its way to elsewhere in the Universe. It will never again approach anything in our system, so you can stop fretting any future effects or dates.

This assumes that Niburu is/was some sort of planet/moon/dark star or whatever. Were it a powered, massive space station, however, all bets are off.

The historical arrival and orbiting presence of Niburu in our Solar System could explain the many nomalies which are not explainable - let alone calculable - by any of the current theories on the formation of our SS.

If you're awaiting a reunion with your daddy Enki, you're in for a huge disappointment - he permanently abandoned you a long time ago and you're just a stranded waif. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:39 pm 

Greetings All;
i am currently reading vol. 3 of the Earth Chronicle series.(Already read When Time Began) From what i can discern Nibiru would not affect Venus and Mars before Earth beacuse it enters the solar system from Pluto. (Many maps in the series for clarification) Also, i am led to believe that we would be able to notice the planet by now if it were truly returning within the next 100 years or so. i have also read Van Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods" and "Gods from Outer Space" and they collaborate/predate a lot of what Sitchin speaks of. And, Sitchin's rationalizations also bring light to the teachings of Ischa Schwaller de Lubicz in "Her-Bak vols. 1 & 2. i have found no reason to doubt the existence of the Annunaki but, i have no clue to believe that they will return at all or, at least not according to any calendar of ours. However, i must finish the reading to have any valid opinons. i be in touch again soon. Take care all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:21 pm 

Due to the thousands of tablets that refer to the Anunnaki, as well as the similarities among other beliefs, i can find no reason to doubt the existence of them. My objective is to discover their true role in mankind's past. i have studied other interpretations of the meanings of the clay tablets and i am continuously led to believe in the existence of the Anunnaki and their profound influence on humanity. i simply want to know to what extant they have/do influence our lives.

Speculation is the foundation of science.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:48 pm 

Howdy Mouton

Thousands? Most tablets are business related, I'd doubt there were thousands. Why do these mentions of gods make you think they are aliens and mentions of other gods in other cultures does not make you think they were aliens? Is it because Sitchin says so, or did you make an independent discovery?

Why no evidence for them except in religious text?

Speculation based on evidence is the foundation of science or in other words, speculation can be based on inconclusive evidence. The evidence against alien spacemen is rather overwhelming. The evidence for them simply doesn't exit.

Science refers to any systematic methodology which attempts to collect accurate information about the shared reality and to model this in a way which can be used to make reliable, concrete and quantitative predictions about events, in line with hypotheses proven by experiment.

Lune {aside} what experimentation shows that aliens came here?

In a more restricted sense, science refers to a system of acquiring knowledge based on the scientific method, as well as to the organized body of knowledge gained through such research.

Lune {aside} please point to scientific research supporting this idea [REAL science by the way]

Science as defined above is sometimes termed pure science to differentiate it from applied science, which is the application of scientific research to specific human needs.

Mention of gods in texts is not proof nor evidence of aliens.

'Reference on science from Wiki which I have paraphrased'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:50 pm 

Lune:
i can agree that the mention of gods in texts is not scientific proof. i offer this, would the mention of gods throughout the recorded past, although they have different names and appearance, not be enough to believe it stemmed from something real? How can so vast a variety as humanity fall under the standard of any accepted science. Science is the seeking of proof to what is unknown. We often find that if scientific theory does not fit into the prescribed science of the time it is discarded as philosophy or untrue. This is a cycle of the science of man kind. i choose to apply myself to as many options as possible with the hope that i will discern truth for myself. Without the restrictions of imposed scientific laws. Laws that will undoubtedly change as more is made known. Provable through so many historic cycles. As for my beliefs, they rely not on any one source. My beliefs, as most people's are, are a culmination of my learning and experience with any particular subject. With what i have gathered so far, from many different sources, is that the Anunnaki were beings that trulky existed. Now i seek to prove this existence and in what manner they have affected our future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:56 am 

Howdy MB

The supernatural explanations of why the world is the way it is was mans first attempt to explain the world. Science is our second attempt. Our tendency to anthropomorphism has fed this creation of a bunch of gods. They have no substance, no reality.

Good luck in your search

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:00 pm 

Lune,
If man's first attempt at explaining our existence was the supernatural, where did the idea of beings from other planets, the sky, the heavens, etc... come from? What precedent set those ideas into motion?
Thanks for the well wishes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:49 pm 

Wishful thinking?

Page 10 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10